2013 fz8 break in with garage mods......

DanS

Commuter
Damn Banky2112 you're building one bad a$$ machine there! Nice work. I love that exhaust!

n8kdfz8

So, it's been a while and here's why.
Marthy midship exhaust
Crg lane splitters
Wheel tape
Motodynamic tail light
Auto tune
Lcd200 data logger
Evotech rad guard

wow! Marthy did some nice work on that midship. how loud is this exhaust? like open header loud. Cause i have the danmoto XG-1 and its kinda too loud for my taste in the city.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
My mivv double gun was louder. It's really not that bad. But it's definitely loud enough to merit attention on the freeway.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Hey everyone, I have been drop dead busy....... Here's a sneek peek! More to come.......

New custom Marthy midship!
Headlight and brackets by Monolithic Cycles (Facebook)

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
That motomans engine break in page is written just like the get rich quick pages.

Possibly, but I broke mine in just like that, and so did a buddy with an r6s, we BOTH had a few more HP and TQ than other stock bikes on a Dyno that notoriously runs a few numbers low.

So like the first post says, just for everyone's information. But I appreciate the comment.

I'm not drinking the koolaid, just inspecting the recipe lol

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Hey rabbitman109, I'm extremely interested in your retrofitting services for this headlight........

cambo

Avid Rider
Hey everyone, I have been drop dead busy....... Here's a sneek peek! More to come.......

New custom Marthy midship!
Headlight and brackets by Monolithic Cycles (Facebook)

dude I really like that headlight....

I think I need to have that...I wonder if rabbitman can fit my existing HID retrofit in there....looking freaking sweet man!

hey did you plasti dip your forks or are those forks off an fz1/r1?

haha EDIT: Stupid question about the forks...I just saw you've got a '13 fz8...DOH!

Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I wonder if rabbitman can fit my existing HID retrofit in there....looking freaking sweet man!

Of course. Anything can be done with time. Let me know if you want to do something like that. You will need a different projector that is a little smaller.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I am crazy enough to want to try this. Would be getting a spare be out of the question? From what it looks like, they are about $50 for the lens assembly. My first question is how much room is BEHIND the headlight?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I could send it to you, and you could c what you c and send it back.....?

That isn't going to help me with room once it is installed. The way you retrofit one of those headlights is the projector will be hanging out the back. If it doesn't sit far enough away from the frame, the projector will hit...just the nature of the beast.

JSP

Administrator
Dang... that round light would look so sick retro fitted! Really hope to see it come to life, that would look amazing.

alexk

Weekend Rider
Rabbitman,

Don't try retrofitting an HID into that enclosure - part of the halogen magic for sealed-beam-style headlights is in the fresnel-like cut in the lens, unlike ours in which all the halogen magic is the reflector.

Put an HID behind that stepped lens and you'll end up ruining the even light of that gorgeous HID.

Now, if you could find a 7" reflector with a clear, non-stepped lens... that could be the shiznit =)