What do you drive on 4 wheels?

D

Deleted member 438

I wish I had a truck to haul the bike in... I love that raptor.

F

Fazed

This is my ride. A Subaru XV.

I love Subaru's

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hoover

I posted pics of my WRX earlier in the thread.
It now sports a Borla cat back s/s exhaust, OEM lower front spoiler, front and rear splash guards, DBA drilled rotors and hid's.
I have just ordered a Cobb Access Port and 3" stainless down pipe.
In the spring I am putting on an OEM VF52 turbo. I am shooting for 300 hp.
The stock motor can handle that no worries, and for thousands less than an Sti.

master paper clip

It now sports a Borla cat back s/s exhaust, OEM lower front spoiler, front and rear splash guards, DBA drilled rotors and hid's.

Damn that C.A.P is gonna wake that motor up... love that Subaru rumble, has one of the best exhaust notes in my book

H

Hoover

Damn that C.A.P is gonna wake that motor up... love that Subaru rumble, has one of the best exhaust notes in my book

Yes it is. I love it. Combined with the turbo whistle, it is very intoxicating.

W

WARPTH

But aren't the sti gear box's made of steel as opposed to glass? :p

H

Hoover

But aren't the sti gear box's made of steel as opposed to glass? :p

Ha, yes mate, the 6 speeds are much better. The 5 speed can handle 300 no worries though. Just dont want to do hundreds of flat foot launches.

reALIGNed

Yes it is. I love it. Combined with the turbo whistle, it is very intoxicating.

if you like turbo whistle, you should hear my truck under full boost :eek:, inside it sounds like an F-16, max. boost is 42 psi, coming out of a 4" straight exhaust and a 7.3L diesel..........and don't forget the cloud of black smoke :D:D

RnR

Hey highoctane ... if you're still watching this thread ... I'm curious about the car in your avatar. What's the story behind the pic? And what's that car? Feel free to ignore if the question is too far off the thread topic.

BTW my winter car is a Mazda3. Barely enough power to pull the toque off your head eh.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Hey highoctane ... if you're still watching this thread ... I'm curious about the car in your avatar. What's the story behind the pic? And what's that car? Feel free to ignore if the question is too far off the thread topic.

BTW my winter car is a Mazda3. Barely enough power to pull the toque off your head eh.

That would be 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Daytona prototype
It's just something I would kill to drive. I love the Grand-Am Road Racing Series Rolex 24 at Daytona

RnR

It's just something I would kill to drive. I love the Grand-Am Road Racing Series Rolex 24 at Daytona

That prototype looks wild. Strange you mention the Rolex 24. My nephew bought a Corvette that was run in that series. He raced it up here last year. Won a couple races.

mrthompson

I want one of them so bad.. but I think if I got a Subaru would ha e to be a wrx or sti, if not one of them then I would want a Brz.. test drove one and holy crap those things are a blast

i have a new impreza and i am impressed with the car. it is very peppy and quick with the cvt trans. i traded in a 02 wrx wagon on it and been very pleased with the new car. don't get me wrong the turbo was a blast, but price at the pump and increased fuel economy was well worth it.

Marthy

I worked on those before. That's what brought me to Florida from Indy. I was gearbox tech at Samax Motorsports until the driver ran out of money. Then I found the job I have now. They are ok cars, not daily driver.

Endurance racing is really cool. Can't wait to see the result of the merging of Grans-Am and ALMS next year. That will bring Sportscar racing like it use to be in the 80's.

I just bought a new cage. 2012 Ford Fiesta SE. Trade in my 2006 Suzuki Aerio ($2500.00) with 147K beat up miles. Not a dream ride but bang for the buck I felt it was the better option out there. Great options and great fuel economy. And the car is eligible for B-Spec in Grand-Am. Plenty of aftermarket goodies! Name it... Brakes, exhaust, differential.... there's even a $38K rally kit.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

Endurance racing is really cool. Can't wait to see the result of the merging of Grans-Am and ALMS next year. That will bring Sportscar racing like it use to be in the 80's.

No it won't. Worst decision ever. Grand-Am is a Nascar based, over regulated, over policed, over self-promoted circus, using outdated systems.
ALMS was an arm of a well run, manufatured supported series, where many of the current technological advances in engineering and automotive design spawn from.

Now, I will say, hearing a full bonkers Corvette, lapping at night is very cool. But not hearing an Audi R10 TDi come past at almost 200mph is even better.

Grand Am is NOT what it used to be. ALMS is.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I worked on those before. That's what brought me to Florida from Indy. I was gearbox tech at Samax Motorsports until the driver ran out of money. Then I found the job I have now. They are ok cars, not daily driver.

I just bought a new cage. 2012 Ford Fiesta SE. Trade in my 2006 Suzuki Aerio ($2500.00) with 147K beat up miles. Not a dream ride but bang for the buck I felt it was the better option out there. Great options and great fuel economy. And the car is eligible for B-Spec in Grand-Am. Plenty of aftermarket goodies! Name it... Brakes, exhaust, differential.... there's even a $38K rally kit.

Oh my Gawd, Ford made the fiesta again? Didn't know that.
Imagine that a racer running out of money, running anything from ameture to top tier cost lots of bucks.
I like it all!

H

Hoover

Oh my Gawd, Ford made the fiesta again? Didn't know that.

Actually, Ford has its shit together here..finally. Almost all of their car line up is based on the European line up.
The Fiesta is not bad, the Focus, especially the ST, is fantastic and the new Fusion looks like a baby Aston. And goes well too.

I test drove a new Focus ST and loved it.