2013 fz8 break in with garage mods......

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
One if the bolts, is a motor frame mounting bolt, they want you to remove it.....and reverse it. So the threaded portion is on the other side, they give you a nut of sorts to put on the end of the bolt to hold it in position.

It sounds confusing but it will make sense as soon as you see it all in person.

And I ordered the brake switch adapter, but it's not in yet.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
:deadhorse:

FINALLY got a Dyno/tuning session scheduled.......
This Saturday.......
Hopefully get it back the same day......
So I can ride for like 4 days before it gets so cold I need to ride the vmax. Lol

Marthy

:deadhorse:

FINALLY got a Dyno/tuning session scheduled.......
This Saturday.......
Hopefully get it back the same day......
So I can ride for like 4 days before it gets so cold I need to ride the vmax. Lol

Whoohoo! Finally! LOL Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

F3NIX

So a noob question here.... if you take your bike to run on a dyno will they adjust your map? Or just generate info and you tweak things?

I have a power commander 5. I had it installed at my dealer and im sure they just installed a generic map. I run a yosh 77 slip on. It just doesnt feel like its running optimally.

Still learning all of this stuff. So patience is appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my phone

b-eock

They'll usually just do a run and generate a chart and data. But I'm sure you can pay extra for a tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Sorry, I should have specified... I am getting marthys tune adjusted. I did my own exhaust welding, and I'm above sea level, and it's different humidity and such from Florida, so I figured I'd let the Dyno shop "adjust" the tune. They said it wouldn't be nearly as expensive since marthy already did the advanced gear tune and pressure and throttle position. They just have to make sure the tune is optimal for my bike, in my weather, in my altitude ext.......

Basically I'm a stickler for OCD. I changed marthys product so I want to make sure the data Marthy gathered I'd still valid for my bike.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
So a noob question here.... if you take your bike to run on a dyno will they adjust your map? Or just generate info and you tweak things?

I have a power commander 5. I had it installed at my dealer and im sure they just installed a generic map. I run a yosh 77 slip on. It just doesnt feel like its running optimally.

Still learning all of this stuff. So patience is appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my phone

I actually didn't like the way my bike ran with my PCV at ALL! That's why it was so awesome when I started working with Marthy and he was tuning for me.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Okay, don't have any proof yet lol, but my Dyno guy says I made 103 hp, and 57 foot lbs. oh I'm so stoked.

Marthy

Okay, don't have any proof yet lol, but my Dyno guy says I made 103 hp, and 57 foot lbs. oh I'm so stoked.

Nice! Those are really good numbers. So you gain 11HP and 5 ft.lb of torque with the exhaust swap... can't wait to see the run on paper. I'm curious about the flat spot at 5K.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I'm getting the bike back Friday afternoon. I was hoping to get some video and post it up of some exhaust sounds and a flyby or two...... Is there any way besides YouTube to put up videos? I never really wanted to be on YouTube :(....

MotoZen

You can upload private videos to YouTube and only people with a direct link can view them. I know, Google still gets all of your info, but at least it's not public.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.