Squid Sighting

thach1130

So i had two squid sighting today. One of them was an FZ8. Saw it on route 50 near Annapolis MD. The guy was wearing red shorts with short sleeve black shirt. Was it anyone here on the forum?

The other guy was riding what seems to be a Hayabusa, no helmet, no glove, no jacket, at least he was wearing jeans.

cambo

Avid Rider
lucky...I haven't spotted another fz8 yet. I swear when I do I'm going to high five the shit outta them.

cxa0897

I spotted another 8 the other day. We got stopped at the same light on route 1 over here. had a head nod, exchanged "nice bike"s and went on our way. no need for crazy high fives ;)

cambo

Avid Rider
I'm straight talking about pulling up to an fz8, giving the head nod, he nods back, we both know what's about to go down. I peel off until I've got a good half mile between us, flip an insane bitch, and come back his way at about 80mph...in a wheelie...with my hand up. The other 8 rider is also in a wheelie. The ensuing high five shatters windows of any car in the vicinity.

That's how the high five plays out in my head.

In real life, I'd probably just wave...and then stall.

JSP

Administrator
I'm straight talking about pulling up to an fz8, giving the head nod, he nods back, we both know what's about to go down. I peel off until I've got a good half mile between us, flip an insane bitch, and come back his way at about 80mph...in a wheelie...with my hand up. The other 8 rider is also in a wheelie. The ensuing high five shatters windows of any car in the vicinity.

Haha omg that is awsome...

grant696

LMAO too funny!

RoadKill

i was riding at bear mountain the other day and say 3 other FZ8's and a naked suzuki. so i ended up riding with those guys for the rest of the day. here is a pic of the 5 bikes when we stopped for gas.
we all had a lot of the same mods too. the mirrors mostly.

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
i was riding at bear mountain the other day and say 3 other FZ8's and a naked suzuki. so i ended up riding with those guys for the rest of the day. here is a pic of the 5 bikes when we stopped for gas.
we all had a lot of the same mods too. the mirrors mostly.

haha no freakin' kidding! that's awesome...look at all those tomok mirrors, I would've fit right in too haha. any of them happen to be forum guys?

RoadKill

haha no freakin' kidding! that's awesome...look at all those tomok mirrors, I would've fit right in too haha. any of them happen to be forum guys?

nope, they had never heard of the forum and english was they're second language. They were Italian's with good taste in bikes and mods ;)

9 Lives

So i had two squid sighting today. One of them was an FZ8. Saw it on route 50 near Annapolis MD. The guy was wearing red shorts with short sleeve black shirt. Was it anyone here on the forum?

The other guy was riding what seems to be a Hayabusa, no helmet, no glove, no jacket, at least he was wearing jeans.

Why do you care what he was wearing? Its his pain and agony if he drops it, not yours. I personally could care less what everyone is wearing on their bikes, its their bike, their life and no concern of mine. Your calling someone a "squid" just because their not wearing what you think they should? Really?

Last edited:

Glovik

Why do you care what he was wearing? Its his pain and agony if he drops it, not yours. I personally could care less what everyone is wearing on their bikes, its their bike, their life and no concern of mine. Your calling someone a "squid" just because their not wearing what you think they should? Really?

Because that's what they're called. Someone not wearing gear on a bike is a squid. I wouldn't even say they aren't wearing what he thinks they should... They aren't wearing what most riders think they should. People on bikes with short sleeves and shorts get huge frowns from me. It's people like that, that wipe out and go to the ER with terrible wounds and burns on their arms and legs that tell stories of why that happened to them, and then other people get the horrible notion that if you ride I bike, you end up like that.

Sure they're the ones that are hurt if they make a mistake. I just don't wanna be the guy riding with them when they go down and are covered in bacon wounds on their arms and legs when they should have gotten back up and been pissed that it's the bike that's hurt

Idk, I'm just pretty passionate about proper gear. I have a newbie friend that at first refused to wear a helmet and such. Then it was pants, then it was gloves, ect. Now he's got almost better gear than me, and thanks me all the time. It's a lot easier to rip up the twisties when you're fully geared.

Then again, I do realize that wearing full gear isn't as cool looking to the ladies as being in shorts with a backwards hat. I'm pretty sure it's way cooler looking than a guy with bacon strips up his arms and legs because he was a fool and it was a little too hot out to wear jeans.

**** squids. The only ones I know are 18 year olds with their first bikes, tools, douchebags, and lawyers that ride around on their Harley's to get a tan. Wouldn't catch me riding with any of them.

Ride hard, but ride safe!

thach1130

Why do you care what he was wearing

Yes, I do care, they affect you as much as they affect me. Same goes for reckless ricer who race their rice burner on the street while removing all padding in their bumper to save negligible weights. They crash, they injure themselves because they do not have adequate protection, the insurance pay out and they raise the statistics on bikers which falsely indicate that bikers tend to injure themselves when in reality it's the squids that injure themselves. In turn our premium are raised.

I do have to correct myself, the guy in the picture i posted was wearing head protection. He was wearing a bandana, but unfortunately it blew off about a mile back before i took the above picture. I was 2 car behind when the bandana took to the air and that's what drew my attention to him. The bandana would have come in handy as makeshift bandage in case he does spill.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Well, I guess I'm a squid but I'm okay with that. I'm always in boots and jeans and I've got my helmet on at ALL times. I'll gladly take in your opinion of me on the occasions I choose not to wear full gear because I'm comfortable in short sleeves and gloveless from time to time.

thach1130

Welll that is acceptable. I wouldn't be so strict on local ride. The reason i brought this up was because the guy i saw did not have any protection whatsoever. This was on interstate 95 while everyone was doing 80. No helmet, no glove, no jacket. I've gone with jeans, shirt, glove and helmet before.

lyric911

I'm completely in agreement until we're talking about a child on the back of somebody's bike.

9 Lives

I'm completely in agreement until we're talking about a child on the back of somebody's bike.

I agree with the child on the back, all safety gear should be on the child because he/she is not old enough to make that decision for him/herself. What people wear on their bike (within the law) is their business. Here in Canada insurance rates are based on YOUR years of experience and Driving record. If someone wipes out my insurance rates do not go up. My bike insurance is very reasonable, less than $500 a year for complete coverage, way less than my car. If other people wiping out effected my insurance rates I would be paying a heck of a lot more. I bet the OP doesn't call them "squids" to their faces, I like to see him call a bunch of hells angels squids.

Last edited: