Hacked stock exhaust. Nice sound

F

Fazed

Im hearing that! just got done $232 about 4 weeks ago for going into a break down lane to turn off a freeway i was on...

I've been done for the same thing, in Sydney too. The M5 was a car park and my turn off was 200 metres down the road, so I thought I'd use the emergency lane and be on my merry way home. A motorbike copper about 500 metres behind me saw me do it, charged down the emergency lane at a shade under light speed and proceeded to lecture me about how dangerous it is to use the emergency lane????? I was only going walking pace??? Talk about do as I say not as I do.

B

bren

I've been done for the same thing, in Sydney too. The M5 was a car park and my turn off was 200 metres down the road, so I thought I'd use the emergency lane and be on my merry way home. A motorbike copper about 500 metres behind me saw me do it, charged down the emergency lane at a shade under light speed and proceeded to lecture me about how dangerous it is to use the emergency lane????? I was only going walking pace??? Talk about do as I say not as I do.

Thats where i got done lol. i live in Campbelltown and work in Parramatta. I was getting off the M5 to get onto Moorebank avenue to cross through liverpool to get onto the hume hwy..

Have seen the same asshole there quite a few times now.. prick would be raising heaps on revenue! lol

W

WARPTH

Talk about do as I say not as I do.

cops are also alowed to use hand held devices and talk on the phone while driving.
the part that gets me the most. "speeding is so dangerous" yet they'll pursuit at 200kmh past traffic to catch you so they can give you a fine for doing 110 in a 100 zone. and the worst part is. the TAC has brain washed the general public into believing it!
well done TAC brain wash a civilization into spending more time watching their speedo's rather than watching the road. thank you. pfffffffffffft

i hate the bastards with a passion.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
See, cops in my town just like to cheat their way from red-lights with lights and sirens and occasionally block the mouths of roads because their gunnin Main st.

F

Fazed

Thats where i got done lol. i live in Campbelltown and work in Parramatta. I was getting off the M5 to get onto Moorebank avenue to cross through liverpool to get onto the hume hwy..

Have seen the same asshole there quite a few times now.. prick would be raising heaps on revenue! lol

Yep I was turning into Moorebank Ave too. He must have raised a fair bit of revenue considering my fine was in 1997.

mrthompson

See, cops in my town just like to cheat their way from red-lights with lights and sirens and occasionally block the mouths of roads because their gunnin Main st.

Where in ohio are you? Not to many towns around me where they do that anymore. There was some accidents and some other stuff that came up where the cities have cut down on them.

firstgendsm

I am doing this modd this weekend as I am low on cash and had another car try and share lanes with me....bike is just too quiet. Just wanted to know if anybody else has done this and how the hacked pipe is holding up long term?

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Mine has held up quite well, I wish I had gotten a better seal on my end-cap when I put it back on but I could correct that if I were gonna keep running it.

master paper clip

I did it, I think I hacked off 2 inches... Sounds amazing and so far nothing odd, I just welded the cap back on, but since I never welded before it wasn't pretty so I grinded it down, then got some exhaust paste from quick steel, layered it on and sanded it down, still got some sanding and a final coat of paint but here's a pic

sandroon

Just to confirm: the stock exaust does contain any kind of catalyzer or it's only in the manifolds? :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enzod123

Well, I did it. Wish I didn't. The can is actually tapered in at the end. When you cut it, the cap doesn't fit over the end anymore. You have to sandwich it between the outer skin and the inner. I didn't quite understand what he meant by that. NOW I do. Too late to go back. I'm gonna set it up like he did for now, but I don't like it personally. The cap going over the end looks smooth and finished. The metal exposed with the cap on the inside looks.....hacked. That's just my opinion of course.