Hacked stock exhaust. Nice sound

Mrpacis

Yesterday I decided to have someone hack my exhaust. He basically cut abou an inch to an inch and a half from the tip of the exhaust. View attachment 646

I'll post some more pictures later and maybe a sound clip too. There's a lot more decel pops and the sound is much. Much deeper than stock. I friggin love it.

master paper clip

Yesterday I decided to have someone hack my exhaust. He basically cut abou an inch to an inch and a half from the tip of the exhaust. View attachment 646

I'll post some more pictures later and maybe a sound clip too. There's a lot more decel pops and the sound is much. Much deeper than stock. I friggin love it.

Seein as I have basically done the same thing, it's sounds really nice but will get very annoying it gets this annoying ring when at speed and then you'll be where I'm at regretting it, but te bike does sound sweet unmuffled

Mrpacis

So far I rode it 23 miles to work. It's not as loud as havin th muffler off. It's loud on low rpms. But high ones its fine to me but I'll let you know if I get annoyed lol

W

WARPTH

why would you chop up the standard exhaust over buying something cheap like the danmoto? am i missing something?

master paper clip

why would you chop up the standard exhaust over buying something cheap like the danmoto? am i missing something?

Well I didn't have 100$ just laying around an didnt want my bike to sound like a Prius, I regret it now been like this a month but now that's its cold in the morning when I leave its super annoying

Mrpacis

Well I didn't have 100$ just laying around an didnt want my bike to sound like a Prius, I regret it now been like this a month but now that's its cold in the morning when I leave its super annoying

I'm not sure how you hacked yours. But I don't think it's too loud or annoying. It's just perfect for me

D

DJK1505

Sometimes the want just outweighs the available cash.

WF I have my origional pipe if you want a stock one again. Just pay shipping. Email me if you want it.

DJ

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
I just like to ruin perfectly functional parts for no good reason aside from my enjoyment:D

Marthy

Block the AIS hose connecting to the airbox. It's the cheap way to do the block off plates mod. That should minimize the popping a bit.

D

DJK1505

Or just get rubber vacum caps and hose connectors. Thats how i did mine and no issues in 18K miles. then you can take the whole system out.

DJ

D

DJK1505

The popping is cool for a while. Once you start running your bike hard and mod'n it the pops become sort of worry-some. When Im at 9K in a corner and slightly come off the throttle the pop sounds like a shot gun going off. Kinda worried about bending something, now I have my tune diealed in the pop is almost non existent!

DJ

Mrpacis

The popping is cool for a while. Once you start running your bike hard and mod'n it the pops become sort of worry-some. When Im at 9K in a corner and slightly come off the throttle the pop sounds like a shot gun going off. Kinda worried about bending something, now I have my tune diealed in the pop is almost non existent!

DJ

Hmm when you say it like that I might do the aid mod too. I don't want any bending going on.