What was your close 2nd choice to the FZ8?

Black Widow

Avid Rider
you guys obviously earn more money than us too

In western Canada an auto tech can make $40 per hour. My brother in-law is a Millright in Fort Mac Alberta, makes $100,000 in 6 months, and they paid him $50 grand to put a down payment on a house to move there.

C

Camo

In western Canada an auto tech can make $40 per hour. My brother in-law is a Millright in Fort Mac Alberta, makes $100,000 in 6 months, and they paid him $50 grand to put a down payment on a house to move there.

Wanna hook a brother up BW? My family would love to live in Canada

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Wanna hook a brother up BW? My family would love to live in Canada

Pack your bags Camo, Northern Alberta needs people for the workforce, they are always hireing. Oil sands are phoneing B.C residents offering employment. It is a little chilli up there but good $$$$.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Any need for Electronics Technicians??? How much do they get?

Yes , all trades are hireing like crazy. Even MacDonald's is paying $18 an hour to sling burgers(want fries with that?). I have had several friends move there for the money, while their wives and kids stay back where they live. My sister didn't move up there with my brother in- law, he works 2 weeks , comes home for 2 weeks. I don't want to be away from the Okanagan valley and my family so i still run auto repair business. Tempting to go some days though...

F

Fazed

Cool, might have to order myself some square wheels for the bike then ;)

e11charlie

Yes , all trades are hireing like crazy. Even MacDonald's is paying $18 an hour to sling burgers(want fries with that?). I have had several friends move there for the money, while their wives and kids stay back where they live. My sister didn't move up there with my brother in- law, he works 2 weeks , comes home for 2 weeks. I don't want to be away from the Okanagan valley and my family so i still run auto repair business. Tempting to go some days though...

Same way for up in Alaska. My parents keep trying to get me to move up there. They say they are offering bonuses for nurses like crazy. Only two problems. The cold and the cost of living.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
The new subdivisions will all need brickwork for sidewalks ect. Google some bricklaying, construction companies in Fort MacMurray Alberta , give them a call and you may be hired. That way you will at least not be able to surf and ride bike in November, haha

lance2448

How much do you think a dumb kid that happens to know a lot about computers would make?

Entry level tech support of any kind is lucky to get over $14-15 and hour in Phoenix, usually less if you don't have certs etc.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
How much do you think a dumb kid that happens to know a lot about computers would make?

Entry level tech support of any kind is lucky to get over $14-15 and hour in Phoenix, usually less if you don't have certs etc.

Not sure, but getting used to the climate after living in Arizona would be a learning curve in itself :D

lance2448

Ahahaah

Actually, northern spots can get pretty cold. Often if we go on a late hunt, it will get down to 10-20* ....so, I won't freeze to death the first day....I'll at least make it to the second or third ;)

shredz87

Everything else I wanted was Italian and super expensive and in this class the fz8 has really good power, most of the true competitors aren't even available in the USA, so second choice fz8 first choice, heavily modified fz8 ftw!!!!

Niko

My other options were Suzuki GSR750 and KTM Duke 690.

But I don't like the Duke IV and impossible to find a Duke III with 0 km.
The hole in the engine, frame looked too cheap and the engine too much "on-off" on the GSR made me choose the FZ8...

decooney

Everything else I wanted was Italian and super expensive and in this class the fz8 has really good power, most of the true competitors aren't even available in the USA, so second choice fz8 first choice, heavily modified fz8 ftw!!!!

Same here. Really like(d) the Ducati Monster Diesel version and color but not at the price. Sure made the FZ8 a no-brainer once I saw it in person and rode it. Liked it so much, a good friend and I bought two 2012 FZ8s on the same day. Put another 200 break-in miles on the FZ8 this past weekend, and I'm really starting to appreciate it more and more every time I ride it. In my case, for the value and price, I really have not found a close second that compares yet for me and what I was looking for. FZ8 seems like sort of a nitche bike.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Same here. Really like(d) the Ducati Monster Diesel version and color but not at the price. Sure made the FZ8 a no-brainer once I saw it in person and rode it. Liked it so much, a good friend and I bought two 2012 FZ8s on the same day. Put another 200 break-in miles on the FZ8 this past weekend, and I'm really starting to appreciate it more and more every time I ride it. In my case, for the value and price, I really have not found a close second that compares yet for me and what I was looking for. FZ8 seems like sort of a nitche bike.

I should have got the Monster diesel, then i would't need my truck to tow the trailer :D Lots of torque.

Last edited: