what order does everything start to scrape?

compensation

Its been A while since I have been on here so I might have missed this kind of post, but I am scrapping my exhaust now and would like to know what scrapes in what order before I drag parts that I shouldn't. First goes your feelers then exhaust then?

Also I am unfortunately going to have to get a new exhaust, so I keep looking at the xg-1 danmoto thinking it won't scrape. Love the Leo Vince but don't want to drag that pipe around. Anyways what pipe would be a good choice for me?

07cobaltLScoupe

i take it what you mean by scrape is in corners? maybe it's just me but i don't throw my bike around that much in the corners... and i also have the XG-1, so i don't believe it would ever scrape anyway. it is loud but i do LOVE the sound, cruising on the highway gets a little annoying at constant speed though

here's a pic of mine

compensation

Thanks 07, I would paint it black if I got it. And yes I am talking about the corners. I love slinging mine around and getting the Michelin's sliding.

Bajaedition

the lower you get your center of gravity the less you need to lean the bike
the correct way is to learn to crawl around on the bike, if you are getting things to scrape on the street you need to learn to ride, especially if you are asking what drags first.

b-eock

I mean, pegs/feelers should scrape first. I have a MiVV Double Gun so my exhaust is very small and tight to the bike. I drag pegs for fun some times, but I also know how to ride the right way. I know you're supposed to lean as much as you can with your body and keep the bike up as much as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

compensation

Mmmmm K. I don't really need to be told to learn how to ride. Have you rode with me? I could be better than you for all you know. Maybe I don't feel like wearing pucks on my way to work. Maybe I like to toy with mine differently. Maybe its my way of riding without the full gitup on, on rough roads and not worry about banging my knee on the ground. This isn't a stripped down r1 on the track, its a bike to just have fun with on the road and that's what I am doing. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't leave comments on my stuff. I want to know what scrapes not if in one sentence you can judge my riding abilities.

Admins, if you wonder why the forums old timers don't get on anymore maybe its because we get tired of being scrutinized on every thing we post by newbs like baja.

B-eock from what I remember about the mivv, isn't that one of the loudest pipes out? Do you know the comparison to the Dan moto xg-1 as far as how loud it is? Just curious, not a big fan of loud just want some clearance.

b-eock

I wasn't trying to be rude in any sense to you or anyone. Lately, my depression has been eating at me. But that's whatever. Yeah, the MiVV is loud. In regards to the XG-1. I'm not sure which is louder. I have a YouTube video of me in a lot doing crappy low speed stunting.. That'll give you an idea for the MiVV. It sounds good to my ears and all the people that tell me about my exhaust say it sounds great.

RD GUY

I agree with compensation,far too many guys who think they know it all ,and too many thread jumpers.

b-eock

I'm sorry... I honestly didn't mean to be mean or derogative. I was just trying to provide an answer. :/

Last edited:

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Please don't forget that a lot of times we read "tone" in text. Even I did when I first read bajas post. Granted maybe he could have worded it a little less cut and dry, but I agree with him.

Unless you are *trying* to drag stuff because you want to, not because your riding soooooo fast on the street that your scared you'll scrape more than your pegs.......

:cool: chill people

Trooper

the lower you get your center of gravity the less you need to lean the bike
the correct way is to learn to crawl around on the bike, if you are getting things to scrape on the street you need to learn to ride, especially if you are asking what drags first.

Thanks for writing what I was thinking.

compensation

Sorry for the tension guys, no hard feelings I'm just looking for an answer.

B-eock, your good. Thanks for telling me about the videos, I will watch them later when my phone gets reception.

Trooper, do you know what would come next after the exhaust scrapes? That's what I am after finding out. Again, thanks for filling up this thread with another useless off subject post for others to be forced to read who clicked on this thread looking for info.

Banky, it could be because I want to look cool. Or maybe its the newest thing to do in stunting. But if we keep thinking we are better than others we will have a failed website when the smart ones leave. There are members not on here anymore who were most helpful to me when I needed it and are no longer here because they are tired of pulling out the tape measure. Instead of answers, all you will end up with is a forum full of comments you see under YouTube videos.

RD, I also think its people who want to get more post in just to see what the next thing is under their name. Like avid rider, canyon carver, etc

"There will always be someone bigger, better, and badder then you" ~my dad

cambo

Avid Rider
Vaginas-

Here's the order in which I scrape my sh*t:

1) Feelers
2) Slip on
3) Engine Guard
4) Handlebar
5) Gas Tank
6) Tail section
7) Calf
8) Quad
9) Elbow
10) Shoulders
11) Ass
12) Helmet
13) Face

Get on my level. Don't make me upload a picture of my chicken strips. No, seriously, please don't make me upload a picture of my chicken strips.

Last edited:

MikeC

Weekend Rider
A "creative" way to check might be to roll the tire over a string, and then gradually bring the free end of the string up to simulate lean angle to the ground. This doesn't take the rider into account though.

Actually it's a fair question except I think you'll find that a big percentage of FZ8 riders don't drag anything, ever. Or at least, I dont. I think it would be awesome if you could look into your own question more and contribute an answer for us!

And then lastly, this is one of the first and few instances, that I can remember on THIS forum, of someone criticizing OP, and then OP goes into full offensive.

OP, it's your natural reaction - and it's not bad. But fighting fire with fire usually burns down communities and before you know it, it'll be honda-tech or some crappy forum.com in here. Might be good to just ignore posts that you don't like, although sometimes I find truth in obnoxious retorts. This forum is such an awesome community where people are apologetic, generous and truthful. FZ8's are so few and far between that I think we need as much unity as we can afford.

JSP

Administrator
With Peg feelers off, I have dragged the peg itself first. At that point, I stopped leaning. ;) So not sure what would come after that... Crashing I assume. But never pushed farther than that so I dont know. :D

Trooper

Trooper, do you know what would come next after the exhaust scrapes? That's what I am after finding out. Again, thanks for filling up this thread with another useless off subject post for others to be forced to read who clicked on this thread looking for info.

If it will help you, here is my answer:

The entire right side of your body all over the asphalt.

you're welcome.

Last edited:

compensation

Combo, I still can't stop laughing at your post. Funny and an amazing list. I really like #12. Thanks!

Micha, great points. Once I get my computer replaced I will try to toss a video one YouTube showing from the front wheel back also showing us why I scrape. It just frustrated me to leave for months and come back to the same stuff I left for on my vary first post. I normally let things go and no hard feelings wanted to bring it up so we don't keep loosing our members and real help. I just felt like being an @$$ I guess.

JSP, good to see you. I like my feelers, they have saved me before when I didn't have my toes back on the pegs. Reminds me when I was little and ran my leg over with a 3 wheeler. Not fun.

Trooper, that's a better answer then going sideways. Sorry for being an @$$ but its the point I want to make as for staying on track with the subject. In all seriousness thanks for your time.

Bajaedition

Mmmmm K. I don't really need to be told to learn how to ride. Have you rode with me? I could be better than you for all you know.
nope
seen my share of wanna bees
they ask questions like yours
it would take 30 seconds to find out what scrapes first if you knew how to ride