What did you do to your bike today?

Blackfin

how do you find the windscreen helps? how much taller would you say it is?

It's almost exactly the same height as the OE screen and its wind protection seems comparable. It has a nicer shaping to it versus the OE piece, falling more on the on the "sport" side of sport-touring as opposed to the "touring" side. And the tint looks bitchin' on a black bike. The only downside I can see is that it's pretty dark so it does a pretty good job of obscuring the view of my GoPro when its mounted atop the tank.

nightttime

That's boss. I'm not going to mess with fueling (now that I know I don't have too) or suspension this season. Brand new bike, gonna put miles on the OEM parts first!

Umyaya

That's boss. I'm not going to mess with fueling (now that I know I don't have too) or suspension this season. Brand new bike, gonna put miles on the OEM parts first!

Off the showroom floor your rear stock shock was set to the average 170 lb rider. If you haven't adjusted it yet. Get a tool and give it a few clicks to stiffen it up since you are bigger.

nightttime

Off the showroom floor your rear stock shock was set to the average 170 lb rider. If you haven't adjusted it yet. Get a tool and give it a few clicks to stiffen it up since you are bigger.

Oh no doubt, I've gone up two clicks. The suspension is fine for me, especially since it's new. I'm not a super aggressive rider nor am I good enough of a rider to justify an upgrade at this point.

HeresMyMind

I spent 18$ on real carbon fiber heel guards. The OEM silver ones stuck out to much. These were an open box off ebay and fit just fine.

-B

11205567_10153218588672110_234868451092958082_n.jpg

HeresMyMind

Been riding mine a lot, Awaiting my mirror extenders, and Satan Adapter in the mail for the new 08 R1 rear shock setup

-B

11350885_10153244984537110_5629319525946667694_n.jpg

Fazer 8

Not exactly "done" yet, but I ordered a Shad seat (with blue stitching - hope it will look OK with the purplish blue accents on my bike) on Sunday. Over ebay from France - hope that will work out OK - maybe should have ordered from Shad USA. This was the most needed upgrade for this bike, for me, because currently my enjoyment of riding it is limited by the pain that the seat causes me after a little while.

I would have bought it through Yamaha, but their list price for the Shad comfort seats is now up to CDN$576.95, compared to the CDN$347.63 I paid for it, including EUR59.00 in shipping. Even if I get dinged for duty and/or customs brokerage (and taxes), I should still be well ahead.

Last edited:

HeresMyMind

I love my Shad seat, so does my +1. 0 break in time required.

I also installed Mirror Extenders today. I don't care for bar end mirrors. I also polished the headers, they were getting pretty dirty

-B

Fazer 8

Edit: NO customs brokerage fees, duties, or taxes were due on delivery - the seller declared it as a "trade sample"or something like that, which is somewhat fraudulent, but save me some $$$.

Overall, getting it this way saved me about CDN$300 over buying it from Yamaha Canada.

bpassmore8

Last Saturday I got my Gipro gear indicator installed and today after work i finished the wired button to my garage door opener so it is always with me and I don't have to carry it in my pocket anymore. Just press the button as I pull up and the garage door will open
IMG_4453.jpgIMG_4454.jpg

Last edited:

Blackfin

Last Saturday I got my Gipro gear indicator installed and today after work i finished the wired button to my garage door opener so it is always with me and I don't have to carry it in my pocket anymore. Just press the button as I pull up and the garage door will open
View attachment 5704View attachment 5705

Love it. That flush-mount button is sweet. I carry mine in my pocket and fumble with trying to press the button through my jacket as I approach the house. Might just steal your idea :)