Suspension

funnelli

I have the nitron sport which I can recommend highly, love the difference it made to my bike. Having a gsxr 750 prior to my fazer I really noticed how crap the rear shock is as standard, hated the pogoing and it squatting under acceleration. The nitron gives it the feel of a proper sports bike as I set it up with a few extra turns of preload, also sits the rear up a bit as I like the feel of a taller bike.
Did a comparison with the shock you have shown but found that it had poor write ups with people mentioning issues after a year or so of use.

pigdog

i have the elka stage 5 shock. i matched the fork settings to the shock so they rebound at the same rate. no more pogo. the shock installed in less than an hour & was under $1,000. john, at the factory also has an fz8 & set up the shock for my weight & riding style.

Woody146

Banned
Well...I bought this kit..(at catalyst reaction suspension tuning) told him the kind of riding I do and this is what I was recommended...they do great suspension work for street and track..I took his word for it..having it installed and setup for me there

Springs are lifetime warranty and shock is 5 yr..with that warranty and the fact that it is being "made for me" and then tuned for me..I shouldnt have a problem..I hope

Last edited:

Umyaya

Well...I bought this kit..(at catalyst reaction suspension tuning) told him the kind of riding I do and this is what I was recommended...they do great suspension work for street and track..I took his word for it..having it installed and setup for me there

Springs are lifetime warranty and shock is 5 yr..with that warranty and the fact that it is being "made for me" and then tuned for me..I shouldnt have a problem..I hope

Are you guys all riding on the track or are like dreaming to be future Moto GP racers and are knee/peg dragging every corner? I haven't had much complaints or issues with the suspension.. I think it fits for most street riding... Yes the rear shock is soft and sometimes bumpy but I still can rip corners and not get thrown off or anything!

funnelli

Are you guys all riding on the track or are like dreaming to be future Moto GP racers and are knee/peg dragging every corner? I haven't had much complaints or issues with the suspension.. I think it fits for most street riding... Yes the rear shock is soft and sometimes bumpy but I still can rip corners and not get thrown off or anything!

Why change your exhaust can?
Why change your seat, your mirrors, your tyres pretty much any mod really?
All are perfectly useable but in this instance I enjoy riding a well set up bike that I know has a range of adjustment that I can use when carrying luggage and or pillion without my arse draggin?
I only dream of being a future MOTO GP star!

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Satan adapter and 2008 r1 forks and rear shock.
This winter I'll have the fronts and rears restrung for my weight by racetech.
Eventually go with cartridge inserts for the front and a new rear shock from racetech.

NoNine4me

Agreed, I know a guy who's dragging his pegs with the stock shock. But he's like, 135 pounds dripping wet and rides on smooth roads.

Once you get used to good suspension on a bike, and realize it's less $$$ than a pipe or some other mod, suspension becomes Job #1. You get this bike on a rough road where you need some real wheel control and then a shock and fork work start to matter.

So I got the Ohlins rear shock, the basic model, and just went to the 15 wt fork oil. That seems to have done the job for me.

A_G

this my go fast vehicle, I want it to be the very best for my budget.

like my 4x4 I could of stuck with the carbed engine but I stuck efi on. 35s and put a new body on it.

why? because race car/4x4/hotrod/sport bike

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk