polished pipes

pigdog

im very impressed with the way my header pipes turned out. borla stainless cleaner/ polish & bronze wool. i spent about 15 minutes on each rail & didn't remove the pipes. i left a little bluing at the flanges because i like the look. do wear rubber gloves. hell i might do the cat too. ill post pics if i can figure out how. my son does all that for me but hes not here.

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
I had enough of the gradual chipping of my header's ceramic spray on coating so I finally sanded it off this morning. In the process, I definitely permenently relinquished any chance of having that polished look lol. Now, it's got a 'brushed aluminum' look to it and I actually prefer it more. I did the same thing to the chrome exhaust on my vstar but never thought to try it on the 8's headers. I'll take pictures tomorrow. I'm going to take the headers off and really clean it up--I just scuffed off what I could this morning.

cambo

Avid Rider
dude that is a nice picture. almost art gallery worthy. like if there was an art gallery for gear heads...this would be on display.

pigdog

i have a android phone. i e-mailed pics to my laptop, then drew a blank. so how do i post pics? pm me if you have a second or so. its gotta be easy, right?

pigdog

today i used a "Mothers power cone" chucked into a limited space electric drill. for polish i used a combination of borla stainless exhaust polish & semi chrome polish. it took the same amount of time that hand polishing would take but with much less effort. i masked off the radiator & front fender but it was unnecessary because there was no sling, keeping the drill motor under 500rpm. sorry, still no pics

Perron

I juste rub mine with Marly metal polished and a microfiber cloth and it takes about 15 mins max to get the headers and the exhaust done

looks like new