New HID headlight

clemmel

Yeah i just did mine and removing the clear lens is tough. i didn't get it hot enough either and deformed a part of the side by having to pry it harder than i should have. but you can't see it with the light back together. also if you need to get back inside because something is not right (i did) you can leave the headlight mounted and unbolt the side pieces then heat around the seam and pull it straight back off again. it will be easier. i got a white bulb and halo so i ordered a blueish bulb and when that gets here ill post a pic.

You actually left the housing mounted on the bike and just used a heat gun to melt the glue and pull off the clear front? Interesting.

RoadKill

You actually left the housing mounted on the bike and just used a heat gun to melt the glue and pull off the clear front? Interesting.

yes i did. it was really easy once it gets hot enough. this time i put the heat gun on 1000 degrees instead of 750 and made sure i heated evenly around the light.

ryan4681

Does anyone know if using this headlight will prevent you from hooking up some heated gear? The alternator is rated for 560w, how much power does the HID/ballast draw? Is it the same as the bulb rating (35w/55w)?

Thanks
Ryan

Bomber12357

That is just awesome, is night vision drasticly improved from the (no better than a small flashlight) stock beams.? Fussypants :p :)

i am not sure what you guys are complaining about sure the headlight sucked when i bought it but if you just adjust the stock headlight (aim it up more)
i find that it helped make things much better id say nothing is going to surprise my high beams.

Mkvpr

I bought this kit last Dec. and i have gotten an error code 46, 6 mo after install.

Bike dash and all lights will turn off, but engine will still run. After turning off, the battery will be completely dead. Keep in mind that the battery has been recharged and tested and tested good from both auto zone and O'reilly auto parts.

Any help would be appreciated.