New HID headlight

IceBerge12

The BKmoto light is gorgeous looking! :p Imma have to get that after a seat upgrade!

Looking on their site they list a 55w bulb as an option, is that necessary? Dont know what the real difference would be in light output.

IceBerge12

Also went to add it to my cart and the price jumps from the listed $169 on the products page to $209 with no taxes and free shipping.

Why the price jumped, i dont know, I e-mailed them hoping to get a response and explanation soon!

FZER

Avid Rider
I'm guessing at $169 you have to do the install yourself? Edit. The site, "This is a direct bolt on kit, no cutting, drilling, dremeling, making brackets, none of that," so does that mean you don't have to bake your light pull it apart and reseal?

Last edited:

borka

I'm guessing at $169 you have to do the install yourself? Edit. The site, "This is a direct bolt on kit, no cutting, drilling, dremeling, making brackets, none of that," so does that mean you don't have to bake your light pull it apart and reseal?

You still need to open the headlight and separate the lens, what they mean is that normally in projector installs you need to make modofications to the reflector to mount the projector, with this kit the projector simply bolts on to the reflector with no modifications, you just insert it into the stock light bulb hole.

I will try to post a complete how-to with pictures of the installation process, its fairly simple actually.

ill start on the write up early next week.

FZER

Avid Rider
That would be great. Never can have too much light. I just put the bulbs in a GSXR 750, but had a 35watt for the low beam and two 55watt for the high beams. It was like I could see for two miles.

IceBerge12

I asked the site thats selling it for a write up on how to install, working on it right now, according to them, hopefully out soon.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Will definitely post some pictures, I believe when I crack my case I'm gonna paint the chrome either with the black chrome tinting or look for a satin gold, I also ordered a pair of the L.E.D. strips to run in the cat ears on our headlights and I'm going to wire them into my turn signals

master paper clip

Will definitely post some pictures, I believe when I crack my case I'm gonna paint the chrome either with the black chrome tinting or look for a satin gold, I also ordered a pair of the L.E.D. strips to run in the cat ears on our headlights and I'm going to wire them into my turn signals

Thats great idea then we could remove the external blinkers and really clean up the front, great idea thanks for coming up with thats, pics when ur done please

SpunkyTheTuna

Does it come with the glue?

You reuse the factory adhesive. I was skeptical when Boris told me that, but I watched him do it and it's pretty cool. The stuff is sticky when it's cold, but when you heat it up it's not. You heat up the glue, press the lens back on, clamp it until the glue cools and it's done. Very slick.

FZER

Avid Rider
You reuse the factory adhesive. I was skeptical when Boris told me that, but I watched him do it and it's pretty cool. The stuff is sticky when it's cold, but when you heat it up it's not. You heat up the glue, press the lens back on, clamp it until the glue cools and it's done. Very slick.

That is cool as hell. Everyone else had this same experience?

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Yep same glue is golden for my reseal. Spunky, might I ask where you're ballast is located, this is turning into a two day project which I'm okay with but it's because of my extra mods, If you are looking to do this yourself and only intend to install the projector and maybe paint the surround, do it, it's simple

borka

Yep same glue is golden for my reseal. Spunky, might I ask where you're ballast is located, this is turning into a two day project which I'm okay with but it's because of my extra mods, If you are looking to do this yourself and only intend to install the projector and maybe paint the surround, do it, it's simple

His ballast is under the air box, where the stock intake snorkel used to be with the wires coming out front the side of the frame.

also make sure you shave off the little orientation tab on the H4 adapter plate, as the way the headlight is designed it will sit at an angle and the light will be skewed to the side, you need to manually turn the projector untill the light is horizontal.

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
That's awesome! My brother did a very similar conversion in his '12 Civic Si. Took him a few hours for both headlights. I'm in. I'll be doing this once the funds are saved.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Yeah I found the angle this evening, I appreciate the input, I've got my ballast attached to my triples now but that is an awesome spot. tomorrow I'll probably shave the bracket and adjust, wired my CCFL's to a hard switch with a live hot from the batt. The turn signal mod is awesome but one of the wires broke on the left signal so it'll get opened again this winter, I'll get Vid. up of the good one soon though.