Need some advice

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Dude, I understand your concern....... But like you said, you know people that have been KILLED......

F-(& his "retaliation"..... He won't shoot you.

If you had been haulin A$$ that night, he could have hit you!

Annanoumus tips are just that...... Annanomus.

Take some time to edit the copy u give away, remove where you started and where you finished and if you can blur out the dash on the bike and they won't know who the EF you are.

It was night time and unless jacka$$ knows you from church or something he was so flustered and yelling and screaming that when he saw the camera he bolted he didn't look back. You scared him.

What a puss, he uses his wife as leverage........ :bs2:

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
My usual philosophy is "live and let live", but it doesn't seem to apply this time.

A part of me wonders how many of us are living vicariously through you to stick it to the police this time, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it's not about revenge, rather not allowing the unjust to get off scott free. He would not hesitate to do the same to you in front of a judge.

I personally think you should do anything you can to get this guy viral on the internet. But that's just me (oh and everyone else here).

This is not a "Live and Let Live" scenario. This is a matter of public safety. This guy blew through a red light, threatened to abuse his publicly held office to do you some form of harm, and then you are the one afraid. There is no need to 'stick it to the cops.' What is needed is for individuals to be held accountable for what they do. This is especially true for the people we pay to keep us safe. If you are really concerned with retaliation, give a copy of the video to someone you trust (or 2 someones), give them instructions to give the video to every local media outlet they can find, as well as state and county law enforcement if anything happens, and confront the officer in a civil and polite manner with what he has done. See if it was just a 'wrong place wrong time' situation. Maybe he was having a fight with his wife that night and took it out on the first person to cross his path. If the polite conversation doesn't work, the next step is to go and find his superior and bring it to his attention. Let them see the video and react to it. If this doesn't fix it, then you go to the media and to the town. Hell, if the poop hits the air circulator after that, go to the mayor's office in addition to the news. The point is that what the man in the car did was wrong; both running the red light and threatening to use his badge in an unseemly manner. He needs to be held accountable in some way. But, don't blame the entire force until everyone in question has a chance to address it internally. Don't ever lose that video. Hope everything turns out ok. That's a really crappy situation. And, good job not ripping him out of the car. That would have been a temptation for me. :2cents: done

cambo

Avid Rider
This is not a "Live and Let Live" scenario. This is a matter of public safety. This guy blew through a red light, threatened to abuse his publicly held office to do you some form of harm, and then you are the one afraid.

I think Mike was saying that this isn't a "Live and let live" scenario and that something should be done. Aannnnddd if I just read your post wrong and you're in fact agreeing with Mike then my bad good sir! :tup:

Last edited:

decooney

97Audia4,

You were put at risk and threatened. This was not your typical police officer, IF it was a real peace officer. It might even have been some undercover agent, who knows. If you show this to the police office near you, and this was not an officer, they will be really interested in the fact this guy is impersonating a police officer.

If you are in fear for yourself for some reason, send an attorney into the police station on your behalf making the demands for apology and corrections. If you do send someone, make sure they are seasoned maybe even someone who knows your local judge(s) well in your area. If this guy threatens you directly or indirectly again, now you'll have a real record of it.

There are great cops out there serving the public, and I appreciate their service in my area. This particular idiot who almost hit you got caught on camera, and must be disciplined, immediately. How cool is it you had your camera on when this happened. Now go make use of it.

Bajaedition

Going to the feds or not, the problem that is the period of living in fear of something happening in retaliation. At least this is what I'm reading into what Audi is saying.

I would really like if if you pass off the video to your friend and he post it, just so we all get to enjoy it. However, the cop may have recognized you or your bike and he will remember when he was acting like such an ass
once the video is public, and they are threatening you in the video, then at that point it is in their interest to make sure you are not hurt.
Go public to the press and go to the feds saying you are in fear for you and your families safety.
or live in fear
it is up to you
Personally I would want to publicize for my own safety, as long as it is not publicized and he knows you have it, you are a target.

ssky0078

once the video is public, and they are threatening you in the video, then at that point it is in their interest to make sure you are not hurt.
Go public to the press and go to the feds saying you are in fear for you and your families safety.
or live in fear
it is up to you
Personally I would want to publicize for my own safety, as long as it is not publicized and he knows you have it, you are a target.

Good point Baja. However, the spotlight turns away, the news goes home and if there is something that happens, it still can't be undone even if they know who did it.

I dunno, this has been a very interesting discussion because I've never had anything on a dirty cop before and I don't know what I would do. Generally my only interactions with cops is making sure that I'm not criminally speeding when I pass them.

Bajaedition

Good point Baja. However, the spotlight turns away, the news goes home and if there is something that happens, it still can't be undone even if they know who did it.

I dunno, this has been a very interesting discussion because I've never had anything on a dirty cop before and I don't know what I would do. Generally my only interactions with cops is making sure that I'm not criminally speeding when I pass them.

ok.. live in fear, but stop asking for advice if you will not take it.

ssky0078

ok.. live in fear, but stop asking for advice if you will not take it.

Dude, I don't have the video. I'm just participating in the discussion, just like you. And Audi needs to decide for himself, whatever it is that he wants to do, its his life, his families life, his future. There are no guarantees.

Bajaedition

yes you are correct, if he does as he should, then what happens when the hoopla comes down.

conspiracy theory

I wonder how you do not fear to come out of your parents house

tri dude

If what you say is correct and you have the video evidence, you have a moral obligation to report it. As alluded to earlier, it might just have been someone who was just trying to be macho and pose as a off duty cop. If that's the case - no worries, just let the law try an deal with it. However, if it actually is an off duty cop then it definitely has to b reported, and once it is out in the open there won't be retaliation unless the guy is an idiot!!!

Or was this posted as a hyper theatrical story just to get a reaction from folk!!! If so it certainly has a few people chirping

ssky0078

yes you are correct, if he does as he should, then what happens when the hoopla comes down.

conspiracy theory

I wonder how you do not fear to come out of your parents house

Bahahahaha, LOL. My parents house. Bahahahaha. You're funny.

For your reading pleasure
Why People Believe in Conspiracies: Scientific American

PressTV - New studies: ?Conspiracy theorists? sane; government dupes crazy, hostile

FYI, resorting to personal attack rather than discussing the matter at hand is a method of debate called false strength with a weak position.

Also, I have a cousin who is in a small town police force in Texas. I asked her about cover ups and police looking out for each other. She said she has never participated in anything like that. But, that they may have happened and the only thing she can do is her job (head in the sand, look the other way). She said if she was personally involved she would report it but wouldn't want to ruin someones career. All slippery slope ideas.

I'm glad you have such strong belief in justice and morality, maybe I'm jaded living in Arizona with Sheriff Joe who has weathered several corruption stories by throwing other members of his department under the bus when there is no way he could have not known it was happening. Or that his office failed to follow procedure for hundreds HUNDREDS of rape cases, thus failing to prosecute and stop future rapes from happening. Ohh and the fact his office has been sued and lost or required to settle out of court (admitting guilt and paying to go away) for around $40 million during his time in office (the tax payers pay for that BTW, his average cost to the public to be in office is $3 milion a year). Or that in Tent City he brags about saving thousands for tax payers by feeding inmates cheap food, when in reality his family owns the vending machines in the commissary that generate approximately $4 million dollars a year in revenue. He's not corrupt or in the business of policing for a personal gain at all. Bahahahaha

Bahahahahaha, My parents house

97audia4

people have a few things confused, it was an off duty local cop, how do i know? Ive dealt with him before when my shop was broken into. And I have been advised by my attorney that he will handle this so we shall see what comes of that.

Bajaedition

people have a few things confused, it was an off duty local cop, how do i know? Ive dealt with him before when my shop was broken into. And I have been advised by my attorney that he will handle this so we shall see what comes of that.
glad to see you are pursuing the issue.
without pushing the issue nothing will be done and others will be bullied by this type.

tri dude

awesome - way to go!!! Definitely the right thing to do. :rockon:

ultimate_walrus

And I have been advised by my attorney that he will handle this so we shall see what comes of that.

Well damn :-[. As much as everyone here wants desperately to see the look on douche-cop's face when he saw the camera ourselves, I guess you should probably listen to your attorney. Hey though, if you do happen to change your mind... Don't forget to post the link! :-D. Good luck, brother