Need some advice

97audia4

The other night I was out riding and Im on my way home and someone just blows the red light, and of all things that makes me the maddest because people I know have gotten killed to many time by that.

When I turn I got behind this douche nozzle I gave a little flick of the high beam because I was furious, and I mean like full on hulk mad inside my helmet. Not a second after i flick the highs the dude slams on his brakes and stops in the middle of the road and starts yelling out the window. So I ride up next to him and he start going off that hes an off duty cop and will have me arrested the next time hes on patrol and he has friends willing to come make up what ever he wants to get me to jail tonight Ex. assault on a cop with his wife as a witness. All this while I sit there and smile at him then he see the camera recording and his tone changes and then he speeds off.

So should I or should I not report this video?

b-eock

I would... Corrupt cops need to be turned in... They're not doing their duty if they're trying to hurt the people that pay them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

97audia4

I agree with both of you but I have a small local business to protect as well, I live in a small town and if something were to happen at my house or shop I can tell you now they wouldnt be fast to respond at all its happened before around here.

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

what a douche bag cop.
I've seen cops like that all the time here.

Ive seen people run redlights also while I am at an intersection mostly at night, being a city, we got many intersections with redlight cameras and you will see flashes lighting up the entire intersection from the camera.

ssky0078

Turn him in. If he really is used to getting away with that type of behavior what happens if it escalates even worse to the next guy he decides to intimidate. He's a public servant. Not a dictator.

OdinSon

I would say reach out to the local news. If you want real change you need to bring it to light in public. Cops investigate themselves and lack any real oversight. The cop might get a slap on the wrist but I wouldn't expect anything more than paid leave.

cambo

Avid Rider
You caught the whole thing on camera?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE upload it to youtube. Absolutely massacre this douchebag because:

#1, blowing through the red light (I agree, so many unnecessary and unfortunate accidents from idiots blowing through these)

#2, pulling a complete power trip and playing the "I'm an undercover cop" card. That is of course, if he was really an undercover cop. What a g'damn douchebag.

and then turn it in. ;)

97audia4

All solid advice guys and good points but I might hold onto it till when I need if you know what I mean. Being a small town and how people around here pay off the editers not to publish restuarnt heath reviews you would understand my point. Being a small business owner I already know to much about how things go down around here. I might send it to my friend and have him upload to youtube and publish it to the local news and PD facebook pages. But I can only hope the cop is living in fear about when it will come out.

F3NIX

Same as cambo said!!

Recap

1) Post video

2) Turn douche in!

3) Make sure you did #1

Sent from my phone

cambo

Avid Rider
ahhh bummer audi. I understand the small town thing. Gotta pick and choose your fights wisely, I get it.

Shit I'll upload it. I'll make a fake youtube account.

Username: Batman

Bajaedition

if you post the video, small town or not they can not touch you, you have them threatening you posted. that evidence you can go to the feds with

ssky0078

if you post the video, small town or not they can not touch you, you have them threatening you posted. that evidence you can go to the feds with

Going to the feds or not, the problem that is the period of living in fear of something happening in retaliation. At least this is what I'm reading into what Audi is saying.

I would really like if if you pass off the video to your friend and he post it, just so we all get to enjoy it. However, the cop may have recognized you or your bike and he will remember when he was acting like such an ass

decooney

You can always make a copy of the video, go show his boss, and request a letter of apology for putting you at risk. Then, you'll have it in writing along with a video as a backup. Meanwhile, letting him know if there is any sort of retaliation, you already have friends ready to post it on Youtube and ready to bring it to the news. His superior will want to avoid this at all costs. Nobody at the department management level wants to be in the news for something like this. You have it documented and if he retaliates either way, you are covered. If you don't say something now, it might look like you are retaliating later on.
Look at the risks both ways. Good luck. Glad you did not get hurt when he blew the light.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
My usual philosophy is "live and let live", but it doesn't seem to apply this time.

A part of me wonders how many of us are living vicariously through you to stick it to the police this time, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it's not about revenge, rather not allowing the unjust to get off scott free. He would not hesitate to do the same to you in front of a judge.

I personally think you should do anything you can to get this guy viral on the internet. But that's just me (oh and everyone else here).