My Ride

BigD

Crash bung refitted after it worked it's way loose so I had to take it off mid ride..now its torqued to 40nm and red loctite should hold it steady this time :)

Previous mods:

> Danmoto gp extreme slip on
> Rear hugger
> yamaha fly screen
> Pillion handles
> Seat cowl
> renthal soft grips
> Ride it moto levers
> R&G frame bobbins

Latest mods:
> Bar end mirrors removed and replaced with stock for now as I didn't like end mirrors due to more vibrations.
> Led integrated tail light installed and flashers removed
>R6 Throttle tube installed as well as new Handlebar phone mount/case

next mods:
>lower rise bars...currently looking at gold renthals
> Clear front flashers...when I finally order them
> Tank grips (clear) to be collected this week
> Red oil cap

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Umyaya

I really like that color... I haven't seen any that color in the USA
Crash bung refitted after it worked it's way loose so I had to take it off mid ride..now its torqued to 40nm and red loctite should hold it steady this time :)

Latest mods:
> Bar end mirrors screwed straight into original bar plugs instead of removing and using expansion bolt. (idea from Woody)
> Led integrated tail light and flashers removed

next mod:
> Trying to source and order an R6 throttle tube to the UK
>lower rise bars...currently looking at red renthals (opinions please on red bars)

Umyaya

Thanks dude :)
I haven't seen many in the UK either. Just the one in the bike shop I got mine from.

I was thinking about getting a small windscreen but wasn't sure how well they work or if it would destroy the look on my bike...

BigD

I was thinking about getting a small windscreen but wasn't sure how well they work or if it would destroy the look on my bike...
Well for me it does next to nothing when I'm sat up (6'8") but believe it or not I can tuck down behind it when I need to ;)

b-eock

I'm sure someone on the forum would ship you a R6 throttle tube..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BigD

I'm sure someone on the forum would ship you a R6 throttle tube..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
There is one on amazon but it won't ship to UK and found another that was $18 with $200 postage f**k that lol

if anyone can ship one it would be awesome. .....

Larry P

I must be missing something but why is it so difficult to get an r6 throttle tube in the UK? Can't you just waltz into a yammy dealer and order one?

BigD

I must be missing something but why is it so difficult to get an r6 throttle tube in the UK? Can't you just waltz into a yammy dealer and order one?
I spoke to parts today and they weren't sure of it would take a week or 4 weeks to get the part in as the may have to order direct from yamaha in Japan. To add to that, they cannot order from the factory unless they have a minimum order of £150 either they said.
which in that case it will be far easier to get someone to ship it me from the states. pain In the arse I know!!

BigD

Previous mods:

> Danmoto gp extreme slip on
> Rear hugger
> yamaha fly screen
> Pillion handles
> Seat cowl
> renthal soft grips
> Ride it moto levers
> R&G frame bobbins

Latest mods:
> Bar end mirrors removed and replaced with stock for now as I didn't like end mirrors due to more vibrations.
> Led integrated tail light installed and flashers removed
>R6 Throttle tube installed as well as new Handlebar phone mount/case

next mods:
>lower rise bars...currently looking at gold renthals
> Clear front flashers...when I finally order them
> Tank grips (clear) to be collected this week
> Red oil cap

updated :)

BigD

Hey dude I have an 06 r6r throttle tube used. Pm me
R6 tube fitted...what a diff! kept up alot easier with friends on their bikes yesterday. Full power quicker and easier now. great mod!
now thinking uprated filter or not?