My daughter's first rifle

RnR

First gun I shot was a 12 gauge, probably around 10 or 11. I was hunting by myself at 12 or 13, rabbits mostly. Can't say I ever liked hunting. It just helped put food on the table. Always made sure I had a good, clean shot. You didn't want to bring home anything full of pellets. We did our share of trapping too.

Don't do any hunting anymore. I suppose it's hypocritical, seeing I eat meat, but I don't have the stomach to pull the trigger.

rug_burn

I got a few guns, mainly to protect myself against other vigilante gun owners in the event of some kind of breakdown in rules of society- if the truth be known.
We're mostly all carnivores, so I can't really argue with hunting, as long as there is a healthy population of game. But game meat is not that good down here, in my opinion, and I don't eat that much meat anyway. And at the end of a day, all you've done is shoot a bunch of holes in something. You got nothin' else to show for it, unless it's some tough 'bush' meat. Then you gotta come back and clean and polish something somebody else made for you.

Me, I like making things- but to each his own.

And as far as I recall- this is a motorcycle forum, not a gun forum- right?

JSP

Administrator
I got a few guns, mainly to protect myself against other vigilante gun owners in the event of some kind of breakdown in rules of society- if the truth be known.
We're mostly all carnivores, so I can't really argue with hunting, as long as there is a healthy population of game. But game meat is not that good down here, in my opinion, and I don't eat that much meat anyway. And at the end of a day, all you've done is shoot a bunch of holes in something. You got nothin' else to show for it, unless it's some tough 'bush' meat. Then you gotta come back and clean and polish something somebody else made for you.

Me, I like making things- but to each his own.

And as far as I recall- this is a motorcycle forum, not a gun forum- right?

It's an online community. We share and talk about "most" anything.

rug_burn

It's an online community. We share and talk about "most" anything.

Yeah, alright, the cool part is doin' it with your kid. I always liked your 'avatar' photo of you and her. Adorable kid.

Maybe what we need is some way to gradually steer it back to bikes; How about another thread like: "Packin' heat on the '8."

Actually, there's probably be a lot of good stories there...

ssky0078

Tell me about it. To own an air rifle in WA, you need to live on a property that has a minimum of 5 arces of land. Mate wanted one for shooting rabbits on his 3 arce property and wasn't allowed one.

To own a .308 you need to own a ridiculous amount of land.

I read this and was like WTF, Washington doesn't have any gun restrictions outside of some public places, then I saw you're in Oz.

I got an air rifle with a scope for my 11th birthday. I blasted the hell out of some slugs and managed to shoot my brothers bb gun handle and the ricochet came off and hit him in leg. :eek::eek:. I thought I was a good shot hitting his handle while he was walking but needless to say my air rifle was taken away.

BIGpanda

I open carry my Glock 17 on the bike ALL the time. Either that or my S&W9c concealed, one or the other.