Mano's Mods

mano1192

Just ordered new Fren Turbo Kevlar brake line kit! They are not available on the site, but they can order them: Fren Tubo Type 3 Kevlar Brake Lines for FZ1 01-05, PJ's Parts

These should increase braking significantly, Im looking forward to the improvement as I had a close call the other day and really need better brake performance. In my opinion brake speed on the street is one of the most important mods you can make.

SpunkyTheTuna

Ordered mine from PJ back in mod-August but since Italy is a civilized country they take August off. Got an e-mail from PJ that my lines were due in and now they're on the way. Can't wait to get them. Don't know why manufacturers use such crap brake lines.

djcecil

because so many unlicensed idiots walk in and buy the bike and total them before they learn how to properly even use the front and rear brake. so, they don't need them fancy brake lines

H

Hoover

Ordered mine from PJ back in mod-August but since Italy is a civilized country they take August off. Got an e-mail from PJ that my lines were due in and now they're on the way. Can't wait to get them. Don't know why manufacturers use such crap brake lines.

If you want to spend the money, some do. All the new Monsters and most of Triumph's line up have braided lines out of the box.
I for one encourage manufacturers to continue to put cheap crap on their bikes. Gives me a reason to get rid of it all!

And it keeps the price down

mano1192

Aint that the truth! Did you guys see the latest news video of a biker under a car in Utah! Dude had no helmet, no gear, nothing, complete squid!

because so many unlicensed idiots walk in and buy the bike and total them before they learn how to properly even use the front and rear brake. so, they don't need them fancy brake lines

C

Camo

If you want to spend the money, some do. All the new Monsters and most of Triumph's line up have braided lines out of the box.
I for one encourage manufacturers to continue to put cheap crap on their bikes. Gives me a reason to get rid of it all!

And it keeps the price down

Here here! I'll drink to that.
It also helps keep the purchase price down, making it easier to convince the wife of the bargain I'd be buying :sinister: Then once the bike is in the garage, let the spending begin...As she allows it ;)

Speedo007

Please guys post your impressions once you get them installed, I sure feel brakes could use a little upgrade here...

mano1192

Please guys post your impressions once you get them installed, I sure feel brakes could use a little upgrade here...

After about 4k in miles with the Fren Turbo lines they have saved me at least once if not twice from idiots pulling out in front of me. Obviously alot has to do with proper riding technique and defensive riding, but the brakes make a huge difference in braking performance.

My bike is modded up the ass, but IMO upgrading the brake lines is the most important thing I did to this bike since it can save your life! :D

Also I also just ordered this seat, pics to come next week once it shows up!!
2010-2012 Team Yamaha FZ8 and Fazer 8 Seat Cover Set

mikefz8

@Mano

When you get your new seat please review. I want to buy the red white and black one. Based on your review of course :)

SpunkyTheTuna

After about 4k in miles with the Fren Turbo lines they have saved me at least once if not twice from idiots pulling out in front of me. Obviously alot has to do with proper riding technique and defensive riding, but the brakes make a huge difference in braking performance.

My bike is modded up the ass, but IMO upgrading the brake lines is the most important thing I did to this bike since it can save your life! :D

Completely forgot to update once I put the new lines on teh bike. Installation was simple, bleeding was the usual pain in the butt (yes, I do know all the easy shortcuts and I hate them all), but it's well worth doing. Much greater feel, a firmer lever and the confidence that I should have been able to have in the brakes from the beginning. I've always maintained, and continue to believe, that upgrading brake lines is one of the best bangs for the buck on pretty much any bike I've ever had.

jumb5150

Mano, I wish u were around in California. I'd give your bike a proper photo shoot. Free of charge!! its just so damn beautiful. Got a couple of questions for you. How hard was it to put on the rizoma bar ends? I mean i hear that it is hard to remove the inside assembly of the stock handle bar. Also, which adapters did u use for your front blinkers? A link would be really nice. Thx man. And if u are ever here in California, (SF bay area) Ill hook u up with a photoshoot.

mano1192

Mano, I wish u were around in California. I'd give your bike a proper photo shoot. Free of charge!! its just so damn beautiful. Got a couple of questions for you. How hard was it to put on the rizoma bar ends? I mean i hear that it is hard to remove the inside assembly of the stock handle bar. Also, which adapters did u use for your front blinkers? A link would be really nice. Thx man. And if u are ever here in California, (SF bay area) Ill hook u up with a photoshoot.

Thanks for the kind words Jumb. I would love to hit the pacific coast highway someday, great riding up there in NorCal. If I ever make it up there, I will take you up on the offer!

Adding the Rizoma bar ends was very easy, just unscrew the old ones and screw in the new ones, no modding needed. For the turn signal adaptors PJ's Parts just added them to my order, they are great. Im not sure which model they are but you can see them on this page here Turn Signal Fairing Mounting Adapters, PJ's Parts

Just shoot them an email or call and they will hook you up with the right adaptors.

mano1192

@Mano

When you get your new seat please review. I want to buy the red white and black one. Based on your review of course :)

Will do Mike, it should be in any day now. If the gold stiching and striping matches the forks like I hope then Ill be doing the chicken dance! :chicken:

mikefz8

@Mano They look really nice (at least on the website) plus they seem reasonable as far as price too. /crosses fingers

beefcake morris

Will do Mike, it should be in any day now. If the gold stiching and striping matches the forks like I hope then Ill be doing the chicken dance! :chicken:

Hello Mano.

The stiching should match up perfect if you got the same set up on their site. I have had them on my bike for just under a year. I contacted them when I got my FZ8 about seat covers and they hooked me up with a free set, if I sent them both seats so that they could get the pattern.

I really think the seats bring the gold color of the bike from the front to the back nicely without over doing it. I hope you like them as much as I do, because I would like to see people order from them.

mano1192

Rizoma grips are in and are very high quality as with all Rizoma parts. New seats and Pazzo levers are on their way. Should be installing everything next week!

Im close to biting the bullet and grabbing the gold Rizoma bars with new risers, but man they are not cheap! Gunna have to wait for the bonus check to come in so the old lady doesnt find out how much they cost :sinister:

Last edited: