Mano's Mods

mano1192

Some of my parts are showing up, I hope to have everything installed this weekend. Heres the list so far:

1. Rizoma LED Blinkers Front
  2. Rizoma LED Blinkers Back
  3. R&G Tidy Tail
  4. Rizoma Sliders

Ill post some pics once I get it all installed. The only thing i have left to purchase are some new mirrors and levers... probably going with Rizoma mirros(not sure which ones yet) and Pazzo black levers w/ gold adjusters.

PS. Im loving the flip up shade visor on this helmet [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-EXO-1000-Solid-Black-Helmet/dp/B001ZUSFMO/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1302468407&sr=1-12"]Scorpion EXO-1000[/ame]!

Speedo007

Yeah those damn mirrors are the only parts I really need to replace, havent found what Im looking for yet...

trixster8

PS. Im loving the flip up shade visor on this helmet [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-EXO-1000-Solid-Black-Helmet/dp/B001ZUSFMO/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1302468407&sr=1-12"]Scorpion EXO-1000[/ame]![/QUOTE]

Nice! I have the HJC IS-16 with flip down sun visor and can't rave enough about it. No more carrying an additional shield. But the best thing about it is you can ride at speeds under 45mph with your shield up and the visor keeps the wind out of your eyes. It's great for hot days when you're cruising through town and want to cool off.

mano1192

Nice! I have the HJC IS-16 with flip down sun visor and can't rave enough about it. No more carrying an additional shield. But the best thing about it is you can ride at speeds under 45mph with your shield up and the visor keeps the wind out of your eyes. It's great for hot days when you're cruising through town and want to cool off.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point, I live in Vegas.... gunna have to try that! I just installed the tidy tail, but my Rizoma lights havent shown up yet so Ill probably be tearing in back off tomorrow night :) The back of the bike looks so much cleaner now.

mano1192

I got the tidy tail and Rizoma rear lights installed, quick shipping and good price from PJ's Parts, they have shown great customer service so far, I recommend them! The blinkers are much brighter than the bulbs, gotta love LED's! YouTube - WP_000274.mp4

The company I ordered the lights from did not send my the front adaptors, hopefully those will come in this week and Ill throw those on. Next to decide which mirrors to order.....

Last edited:

mano1192

I installed the front led blinkers but there is a extra factory wire for the blinkers which is for them to be on all the time. Any ideas.... should I ground both of the extra wires? I wonder if I can splice that wire and the blinker + wire to complete the circuit? Anyone else installed led front blinkers run into this? I got a feeling you just cant have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

SpunkyTheTuna

I installed the front led blinkers but there is a extra factory wire for the blinkers which is for them to be on all the time. Any ideas.... should I ground both of the extra wires? I wonder if I can splice that wire and the blinker + wire to complete the circuit? Anyone else installed led front blinkers run into this? I got a feeling you just cant have your cake and eat it too.

If you ground those wires you'll pop a fuse instantly when you turn the power on. Leave them disconnected. You're right, you can't have your cake and eat it too. The Rizoma turn signals are designed to be just that, turn signals. If you want, you can drill out the flat area in the top of the headlight housing and install a light/led in there and use one of those wires to feed it current. Branch off one of the ground wires (don't recall the color off the top of my head) of the turn signals and use that as the ground for your new position light. The new light will come on whenever the engine's on.

mano1192

Thats a good idea, I saw a couple guys did that on this and the other FZ8 forum, Ill look into it further.... it does seem like a wasted space, wonder why they ommited it from the US version?

trixster8

If you ground those wires you'll pop a fuse instantly when you turn the power on. Leave them disconnected. You're right, you can't have your cake and eat it too. The Rizoma turn signals are designed to be just that, turn signals. If you want, you can drill out the flat area in the top of the headlight housing and install a light/led in there and use one of those wires to feed it current. Branch off one of the ground wires (don't recall the color off the top of my head) of the turn signals and use that as the ground for your new position light. The new light will come on whenever the engine's on.

The extra wire on each side is for the running lights, which come one whenever the key is on. The headlight stays off until the engine is turned on. I installed the LED in the headlight assembly and spliced off the running light wire, so the LED is on whenever the key is on. There is a way to run your signal LEDs as both running and signal lights, but you'd have to install two small relays. You have to wire your running light through a normally closed contact and control the relay coil with your signal wire. So when your signal comes on, it's actually just turning the relay on, which disconnects the contacts for the running light. So you're basically flashing your running light off. But it gets the job done.

mano1192

So Im about ready to buy some new mirrors, but cant decide which ones I want. How bout a vote!

"Circuit 743" Rizoma Mirror

OR
"Prototype Naked" Rizoma Mirror

trixster8

I like the Circuits, they have a real clean look, which goes great with aftermarket levers. Although, the Prototypes have a pretty cool design with a rougher surface finish. I wonder if they're aluminum?

Either way, don't forget the mounting adapters.

mano1192

Rizoma sliders came in, nothing spectacular, but seem like good quality and look nice like all of Rizoma parts. Ive been very happy with all the Rizoma parts so far.

mano1192

The Yamaha Fly Screen came in, looks pretty good. With some of the really strong winds we see in vegas Im stoked to see how much wind it deflects. The FZ8 logo looks pretty slick. It dont have a torque wrench and as the flyscreen attaches to the triple clamp bolt.... I better swing by the dealership and borrow their wrench quick tomorrow :D

mano1192

Rizoma Circuit Mirrors came in, unfortunately they shipped me two right hand mirrors. Works for now... I actually like the look of it upside down more than right side up! :rolleyes:

1 thing to note, these mirrors are almost 1/2 the size height wise as the stock mirrors so you have a much smaller viewing area. But the great thing is I no longer have to stare at my elbows! :drunks: