Mano's Mods

mano1192

Quick update... Now that I've put a hundred or so miles on with the new pipe I must say the powerband is much different than with the stock. There is such a increase in airflow you can drastically feel the difference. Much smoother acceleration from 1st our through 3rd. I am getting a backfire during shifts, I belive this is normal. My friend at yamy dealer said a powercommander will fix that.

All in all it really does grumble similar to a ducati. I was worried it would sound like a R1 with aftermarket exhaust kindof tingy, but it is a nice deep consistant sound. Also shaves over 8 pounds off the bike.... not that I'll notice a improvement in handling, but a more experienced rider may.

My rating on the Two Brothers V.A.L.E Black Series Muffler - 2 Thumbs up!

mano1192

Rizoma Reverse Retros are in!

Im still installing the right side, but wanted to get some comparison shots before I finished up and went for a ride.

Since I got the bar ends to match, all you have to do is slide these onto the bar ends and tighten them down. They do have a white spacer that comes with it and is a tiny bit visible. Paige from PJ's parts said most people just use a black permanent marker to get rid of that. They are super high quality as always with Rizoma. The mirrors are also 180 degree reversible, I have them to the outside of the bike for better visibility. Will update once I get some rides in.

I also purchased the Rizoma bar ends. These are super easy to install.

Comparison with the stock bar end slider. The stock one is about 10 times heavier than the Rizoma and alot longer with the tapered end as you can see.

Last edited:

mano1192

After putting some miles on with the mirrors I gotta say my mirror search is over! I can see both behind me and to the sides. Great clear glass with a nice blue anti glare which worked great during the night last night. Not much vibration at all, much better then I expected. I did try to hang one slung but the mount and mirror hit the tank... not sure how it would be possible on this bike.

Anyway heres some picks from today:

bikes looking badd a** mano! i tried the same to hang one down didnt work at all bike looks great with that two brothers exhaust !!

mano1192

Thanks bro! It's almost complete, next item in the levers and I think I'm good for a while. I would also love to grab the rizoma bars and triple clamps, but that's Gunnar have to wait a while :) did your pipe come in yet?

no they said 2 weeks cause it is made to order and i only got the order in on friday cause i work out of town and left the number at home so it should be here in 2 weeks cant wait

mano1192

thats cool. Im interested to hear what you think about it being a more experienced rider. Im noticing some very different riding characteristics. The shift from 2nd to 3rd is almost like you havent shifted at all, I think it drops about 500 in RPM. Its smooooth :)

Lou Menace

VERY nice Mano!

An inspiration to me. Can't wait to get my FZ8. I won't COMPLETELY jack your style:D, but you have definitely given me some ideas.

mano1192

There is so many directions you can go with any bike, thats the fun is customizing, you personalize the bike. I originally thought about adding gold everywhere I could. There are alot of really cool aftermarket parts to accent the gold of the forks. That would be a sweet ride!

lothodon

Super Moderator
i like them a lot, but does anyone know how they weather over the years? delrin (frame sliders) bleaches in the sun but can be re-blackened with a heat gun.

does anyone know if these end up faded due to the sun?

hypo

i like them a lot, but does anyone know how they weather over the years? delrin (frame sliders) bleaches in the sun but can be re-blackened with a heat gun.

does anyone know if these end up faded due to the sun?

one of the guys down here in Texas has had the original snakeskins for about a year with no bad effects so far.

mano1192

Not really a mod, but I bought a bluetooth communication system for my helmet as I love having some tunes for nice rides and also phone calls is a plus. It can also go bluetooth to bluetooth without the need for a phone for helmet to helmet, but i havent tried that part yet. Music sounds great and its easy to control volume with gloves on, its pretty kick ass!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/UClear-HBC100-Bluetooth-Helmet-Communicator/dp/B004QF0XZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307597083&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: UClear HBC100 Bluetooth Helmet Communicator: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

hypo

I use the F4 from Blueant and love it helmet to helmet. My wife uses it for her music and we both use it for our phones.

beefcake morris

Mano did you just do the exhaust or did you do the filter and power commander as well. I was curious to see if the exhaust helped much with the little dip in the power band.

I was thinking about doing the power commander first and fitler.

mano1192

I did the exhaust and air filter. I havent ordered my power commander yet, but the increase in airflow makes the engine not shift right anymore, it is begging for a tune. Like were I would normally shift into 3rd gear really wants to be adjusted. This exhaust dyno charts does not get rid of the flat spot from 5-6k, the only kit I've seen that does is the apra full system.

But after riding this for a while this bike is so smooth because of that flat spot which is at your normal crusing rpms. After riding the bike for a couple thousand miles I wouldnt want to get rid of it, it I wanted a punchy touchy throttle bike I would have bought the R1.

mano1192

Professionally tuned Dyno Map

Im really sorry for the delay guys, I've been traveling alot for work lately. As promised here is my professionally tuned dyno map for my Power Commander V. If you have followed my other thread HERE you will get the back history on this map. Long and short is that the DynoJet R&D headquaters located in Las Vegas tuned my bike in their lab.

Keep in mind that you use this map AT YOUR OWN RISK. This map was tuned for my bike with my accessories of a K&N air filter and a 2 bros VALE exhaust. If you have any other setup then this your bike will not run at optimal capacity.

That said with this map its like a new bike, shifts smoother and quicker throughout all gears. I look forward to others feedback and review of the map also.

http://ibdrg.typepad.com/ManosDynoMap.pvm