Knee/Peg dragging

myklobe

I feel like I drive aggressively. I live 10 minutes from the mountains and go up frequently.

The truth is in the tires... There's a good 3/4" on the edge of the tire that has never seen pavement. No indicator scrapes here.

Apparently, I'm a wuss. LOL

cmurder

Pillion
I feel like I drive aggressively. I live 10 minutes from the mountains and go up frequently.

The truth is in the tires... There's a good 3/4" on the edge of the tire that has never seen pavement. No indicator scrapes here.

Apparently, I'm a wuss. LOL

no that just means you know how to take a turn , i ended up with more of a chicken strip after changing body position before i was running out of tread :2cents:

TorontoAlex

So what's proper positioning? Hug the tank or sit far back? I am fairly novice and any roads twisty enough are usually not well maintained, and have sand/gravel kicked up by cars.

myklobe

So what's proper positioning? Hug the tank or sit far back? I am fairly novice and any roads twisty enough are usually not well maintained, and have sand/gravel kicked up by cars.

That's completely subjective. Some riders like to ride farther back to put weight on the back tire (or are taller).

Some riders like to hug the tank. I like the feel being up front because I can shift my weight easier and hug the tank with my knees if I need to.

Ride what feels comfortable to you.

As for twisty roads, if you ever suspect that there's gravel on the road (or not cleaned regularly), I'd stay clear of them or ride reasonable. Even the best riders could lay down their bikes because gravel is very unforgiving if you don't know how to react to hitting it. Just be safe!

Bajaedition

no that just means you know how to take a turn , i ended up with more of a chicken strip after changing body position before i was running out of tread :2cents:

the more you hang off the faster the bike can go through a corner without having to lean over.
Do not let chicken strips tell you how good a rider you are because the best riders will have the biggest strips down the same road as the worst with less strips.

bobby.napier1

I was riding up in eastern kentucky up on Whitesburg mountain. I drug my indicator in about every curve! You guys should definitely check it out if you're around that way!!

Bajaedition

OK bobby, we can come up and show you how to ride that bike so you do not have to resort too :welcome:scaping peg to keep up.

Bram

Installed a set of new PP2CT's the other day.
Huge differece to the old stock tires.

During the riding-in of the tires, the peg touched the road, while there was still some room left on the tire (0.4cm)

Front tire pressure: 2.25Bar
Rear tire pressure: 2.5 Bar
Outside temp: 17°C

A kneedown was not possible. I have new leather pants, and there is not enaugh crotch-clearance to spread my legs that much :)
I didn't want to hang off like a monkey eather, since I would feel less attached to the bike. One cheek off the seat ok though.

moto desktop3.jpg

Vampwood

Gotten my knee down a few times on the bike, scrape the feelers all the time, its definitely possible do it, just have to turn late and be going very fast to do it anywhere on public roads.

Psssst go to Renovo in PA