Knee/Peg dragging

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
There are quite a few "pro reviews" for magazines where they talk about the 8 being a bit hard to scrap pegs with... And I just went to VIR and didn't scrape my knee or a peg lol...

I know some people on here have..... but I don't know how lol

Larry P

Not sure what reviews said it was hard to hit the feelers on the 8, I'm no aggressive rider but I've rubbed the feelers before going around a really tight turn. Freaks me out when my foot moves unexpectedly :D I pulled the feeler off and scraped the peg the next go around. It's fun to lean the bike super far but not as efficient as using body position to keep it more upright.

Woody146

Banned
Took max lean off when I got the bike...started scraping my feet and pegs when I put on the pp2ct (banky..it's the tires;) )swapped over to sato rearsets...at their lowest setting, they are still higher than stock, and more comfortable..haven't scraped my pegs..just feet, would scrape peg at a track so I would bumb them up a hole or 2

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
You guys are rock stars then, cause I can't scrape a peg to save my life with my V3 rearsets.

DanS

Commuter
I've only done it a few times and ill admit its a little unnerving :eek: The Michelin PR's stick nicely though.

Woody146

Banned
I've only done it a few times and ill admit its a little unnerving :eek: The Michelin PR's stick nicely though.

I have about 90 miles on the pr4s..no complaints yet...well..other than the front tire looks fat as shit lol..optical illusion from tread..measured a pp3 and pr4..the same lol..have not really gave em the sport ride test yet..need all slick crap off

I have been turning like a grandma in comparison from how I normally turn lol..that will stop tomorrow..I will test em

DanS

Commuter
I have about 90 miles on the pr4s..no complaints yet...well..other than the front tire looks fat as shit lol..optical illusion from tread..measured a pp3 and pr4..the same lol..have not really gave em the sport ride test yet..need all slick crap off

I have been turning like a grandma in comparison from how I normally turn lol..that will stop tomorrow..I will test em
Yup you gotta take it easy the first few miles and get that slick crap burnt off. I hope the PR4's work out for you and your cheese grater roads

Bajaedition

I have to admit the 8 is not my track bike, but I have taken it out twice to see what it would do and I have not scraped the pegs yet, the bike has great clearance. I have had the knee pads scraping however.
Now I helped set up a fz9 at the track and that thing was so squirmy I never got close to scrapping pegs.
I do not think that I would ever judge a bike by how much peg you can scrape, I have a friend that takes his Honda Valkerie to track days every year of 2 just to play around with it and he scrapes the foot boards so bad he has to replace them after trashing them. they scrape because they are not designed to be on a bike doing that kind of riding
So if you are impressed with scraping peg, I would think you would have a SS bike that you can brag if you do scrape peg, doing it on a Naked middle weight that is designed with a upright riding position is not proving much. Like Joe on his Valkerie, it is just stupid but he gets his jollies so I just laugh at him.
To each his own I tell him, then he points out to me I take my sportster to the track every month since I built it this year, so I guess I am just as bad, but damn it is fun blowing away squids with that thing.
I have not checked if the balls on the pegs screw in so you can replace them, if they do get someone to tool up some ones made from flint, they spark like holy shit and look really cool when you scrape them.

D

Deleted member 3631

went to the mtns and first turns hit the pegs nipple things. went home and shaved it. now its an amazing knee dragging machine :)

Umyaya

went to the mtns and first turns hit the pegs nipple things. went home and shaved it. now its an amazing knee dragging machine :)

Didn't see the upcoming sign for 10mph turn... entered it and had to lean as far as possible. I definitely was scraping either my boots or pegs lol! Scared me to death! Also I found out hitting railroad tracks at very high speed with stock suspension will send you flying...

Last edited:

Woody146

Banned
Didn't see the upcoming sign for 10mph turn... entered it and had to lean as far as possible. I definitely was scraping either my boots or pegs lol! Scared me to death! Also I found out hitting railroad tracks at very high speed with stock suspension will send you flying...

Railroad tracks...: ALWAYS SLOW DOWN AND STAND UP WHEN CROSSING

Black64x

I scraped peg just a few days ago first time ever scraping peg and I wasn't even leaning that much...

If your scraping on a Zed your leaning nearly to the limit of the tire. So if you think that's not much you probably need a supersport at that point.... I ride aggressive in the mountains and have only scraped a handful of times in 8kish miles of mountain riding and that's leaving no chicken strip.

Rotaryknight

I scraped my pegs a lot first time riding the fz8, I was so used to riding supersports. I stopped scraping now when I readjust my body movements. It was nice to see sparks flying at night time.

It's scary though to scrape a peg while in a turn over here because of all the potholes and small cracks on the road...

Umyaya

I scraped my pegs a lot first time riding the fz8, I was so used to riding supersports. I stopped scraping now when I readjust my body movements. It was nice to see sparks flying at night time.

It's scary though to scrape a peg while in a turn over here because of all the potholes and small cracks on the road...

What's your body positioning on the FZ8? Do you ride it like the sportbike and hang one side of your butt off with your knee out? I've been trying diff positions.

Rotaryknight

What's your body positioning on the FZ8? Do you ride it like the sportbike and hang one side of your butt off with your knee out? I've been trying diff positions.

On supersports I tend to stick a cheek out and hang off. With the fz8, hanging off it feel so weird to me so I hang off but my butt is still firmly planted. I found out that if I shift my ass all the way back to the point of almost sitting on the pillion and hang off with a cheek half off, I turn tighter without scraping which means less lean angle through the turns.

I think it's because of the handle bars that makes it feel weird about hanging, I feel like I'm falling off if I hang to much lol

cmurder

Pillion
i took the stupid feelers off after i rubbed them a couple of times , changed ye said body position and no more rubbing , only time i come close if i don't move my ass of the seat and roll through a turn