I got lucky

H

Hoover

I work in a marina and operate a forklift for boats that weighs 70,000lbs.
Yesterday I was spotting for my partner who was driving the forklift.
A momentary lapse in concentration and he backed into me on his blind side.
As I hit the ground, it all went into slow motion and I genuinely thought my numbers were up.
The rear wheel drove over my entire foot before he realised.
Unbelievably, no broken bones. The Dr's couldn't believe it. I think because I was wearing tennis shoes, my foot just collapsed and flattened.
My foot is twice it's normal size, black, blue and green. Going to be a while before I can walk again but it got me thinking how close we come each day to having it all end.

C

Camo

Shit mate! Glad to hear damage was minimal.. Be careful out there.
Enjoy and relax while you heal up.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
As I hit the ground, it all went into slow motion and I genuinely thought my numbers were up.
Unbelievably, no broken bones. The Dr's couldn't believe it. I think because I was wearing tennis shoes, my foot just collapsed and flattened.
My foot is twice it's normal size, black, blue and green. Going to be a while before I can walk again but it got me thinking how close we come each day to having it all end.

So that's got to be a big honking forklift. Glad you're relatively ok.

Harrywz

The foot issue sorta sucks with bike riding. At least you'll be allright shortly. Hopefully you'll be collecting workmans comp while healing.

compensation

Happy your alive. Did you tinkle any? I would have.

How long till you are healed? So are you our new research coordinator now?

H

Hoover

My company will take care of me and yes, it is a "huge-fuck off-big" forklift. I have been running big hydro's for years, no big deal.
BUT, I fucked up and my focus slipped for 1 second. Result...not cool.
I am very lucky to have the injuries I have and can sit here and type crap on a forum.

Never been one to preach but folks,,,,, be carefull.

D

Deleted member 438

Damn!!! Were you on soft ground? I hope you recover quickly.

FZER

Avid Rider
I saw on another post where someone was asking about your foot, so I went through all the post and found this. I was out of town when this happened. Man I'm so sorry. Dang that had to really hurt. Since you have some time....:D I'll share some stories with you. If you don't want to read a lot of Walmart stories please disregard the rest below. A friend of mine was pulling a pallet of 50lb bags of rocks X40 out of the back of a trailer once and the pallet jack hit a rock with one of the wheels and took him for a ride and put his foot through the side of the tractor trailer. Absolutely the craziest thing I've seen. Here at my "desk" job the worse injury I've seen I did to myself. My Mom's side of my family lives in Louisana and the day/night the hurricane was hitting we couldn't get in touch with my Grandma, so I had no sleep that night. I was replacing an IC chip on a board and a friend came by and asked for a jewelers screwdriver, you are suppose to put the soldering iron back in the holder anytime you take your hand off of it, but I laid it down on my desk turned to get the screwdriver and then put my arm right back on the iron. 750 degrees. Weeks of visits to the occupational medicine here on base. I was also first on the scene for a guy who had a heart attack here, I started the cpr till more help arrived. They said that the rapid response saved his life. Other folks put the AED on him while I was working on him and it shocked him too. It's just like the movies too, his whole body came off of the ground. That one shook me up for several days....

Anyway get better! Stay off of it, elevant, which I'm sure they've told you.

H

Hoover

Update

Almost 6 weeks to the day.
Yesterday I was finally able to get a work boot on and go for a little ride.
Still in quite a bit of pain and not able to put a lot of weight on it. Thankfully its the right one, so it just sits there and I do all the work with the left.
Just need to get better in time for the Crud Run. Have to buy Doom his beer!

BIGpanda

Damn bro, I used to work at a marina and I can't believe you got run over by the "bull" and nothing happened. That's amazing.

For anyone that's wondering.

H

Hoover

When is the fall crud run? I have to make that one. The rain made me pass on the spring one.

First Sunday in October mate. Give me a call and we'll set it up. I know Dr D is coming up from the windy as well.

H

Hoover

Damn bro, I used to work at a marina and I can't believe you got run over by the "bull" and nothing happened. That's amazing.

For anyone that's wondering.

Thats the one mate. A shit load of tendon, muscle and nerve damage, but not one broken bone !