Gold rim tape? Cheesy? or Cool?

Umyaya

Thinking about throwing on some gold rim tape next time I change my tires... Thinking I want 3 strips on the tire that are offset.. Anyone find the best gold matching to bike? If so, please link! All the gold I have found has had shitty reviews or doesn't look too great.. Thanks!

JSP

Administrator
Would probably look pretty sweet. Gold is classy. ;)

I dont have any leads for the tape though. Good luck and keep us updated!

elim70

I have yellow/gold I got from China off of eBay. I love it, it gets u seen, reflective, and have got compliments on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorted

I rode with John(forum name is Keach). They were yellow though. IMO they looked awesome. Not sure where he got them, but I'm sure if you send him a PM, he will let you know. Here is a pic.

Perron

I had some gold tapes before going black&red. Here is a picture. Not a perfect color match but less flashy than the yellowish one

OdinSon

I got this and wouldn't consider getting anything else: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G168F40/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com : @customTAYLOR33 Patented High Intensity Grade YELLOW/GOLD Reflective Rim/Wheel Tapes - #1 SAFETY USA Motorcycles Bicycles Cars Trucks Scooters Vans ATVs Fixie Mopeds Bikes Cycling BMX Strips TRON : Sports Fan Tire And Wheel Covers : Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Works great, looks great, and super easy to install.

Umyaya

I like those. Are just a standard gold/yellow during the day and then just reflect when headlights and stuff hit them at night? Or are they always glowing and reflecting?

Keach

I like those. Are just a standard gold/yellow during the day and then just reflect when headlights and stuff hit them at night? Or are they always glowing and reflecting?

Those are the ones I have that shorted included a picture of. They only reflect at night when headlights hit them. In direct light they look yellow. In dimmer light they look more gold. Wish they were completely gold. Here are a couple of pics. View attachment 3845View attachment 3846

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

618FZ8

You can't get anything better for reflectivity than the custom Taylor. His tape is patented, so you won't see anything quite like it for a couple more years or so. I just ordered the gold, should be here next week :D

Zenfist

I also ordered from customtaylor. I ordered blue, with a couple of custom stickers. They arrived today, can't wait to slap them on! He is super fast and extremely helpful.

Perron

I also ordered from customtaylor. I ordered blue, with a couple of custom stickers. They arrived today, can't wait to slap them on! He is super fast and extremely helpful.

Be sure to post some pics when it's on the bike. These tapes are quite interesting!

Darksabre

I agree - he is super easy to work with. I got the red reflective rim stripes, and had him make me two red yamaha logos to replace the ones on the cowl. Just need to decide if i want to paint the cowl black before putting them on now....

Perron

I agree - he is super easy to work with. I got the red reflective rim stripes, and had him make me two red yamaha logos to replace the ones on the cowl. Just need to decide if i want to paint the cowl black before putting them on now....

Before you put the logo on or the stripes too? Cause I've seen your other post (the stripes on the sheet) but are they on the bike yet? curious to see