Coffmans Exhaust the truth.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I think it is unfair to state that the Coffmans exhaust tip(s) results in an increase or loss of power as I have yet to see a dyno chart showing this to be true or false. I do not find any statement by the Coffman's stating horsepower gains or even power curve promises.

FACT: The Coffman's tip is 14.5 lbs lighter than stock (include all fasteners/brackets) Any weight reduction is directly related to performance gains (small but factual)
FACT/OPINON: It looks very good. I say great.
FACT/OPINON: Is sounds very aggressive and good.

FACT: Dyno charts tell the truth. Without them, do not make claims.

FACT: WSB, MotoGP and Privateers are utilizing data logging, telemetry and support to correctly analyze factual data. The opinion that there is perfect exhaust and ECU map for all scenarios is false. Weather and other factors result in variations of power production.

OPINION: Useable HP; 90% of this community cannot utilize the full power of the bike in stock form. Not a slamming anyone particular, this includes me. I have many years race track experience on several platforms (RZ350, FZ600, GSXR750). There are a lot of variables.

Be fair to those who provide services and goods to the motorcycle community before making statements. Those who provide service and support make this adventure possible.
Buy and utilize products and services with realistic expectations and learn to enjoy the ride.

Unrelated example: Millions of those ionized rubber balance bracelets, shoes that tone your butt and more products have sold and had claims both from the sellers and users stating performance and fitness gains. We all know how that worked out.

dgray5150

All very good info thanks, the only reason I don't like it is because I'm pretty sure somwhere it states DO NOT DYNO, like some of the Dan Moto cans lol. :p

You get what you pay for with slip ons and fully I think.

Btw, don't for get to introduce yourself, we def would like to hear about your background after a nice thought provoking post like that ;)

Suave96

dgray5150 I appreciate the post. You made a lot of good points. I like the Coffman. I didn't care about power gains. I think it looks and sounds great.The price was also a big factor. I love the FZ8. It's each his own at the end of the day.

Marthy

Never got into the Cauffman myself. They do nice pick up truck tail pipe but nothing I would like on my bike. Its alike a straight pipe exhaust but using a restriction to kill the noise. So ya... it kill power. Its been proven before, with dyno that the stock exhaust with the cat (stock or open) kill the mid range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

G

GNoiZZ

That Coffmans just looks like a cheap screw on pipe from Autozone....so no need for me to test if i would loose power ;-)

Keach

After riding for about 150 miles on the Coffman I'm with Suave96...sounds awesome and haven't noticed any power loss.

Enzod123

I've had my Coffman's can on for a while now. As a matter of fact I had the first one. My butt dyno didn't notice anything bad. My FZ8 runs like a raped ape. It looks and sounds so good that I don't really care anyway.

I almost have enough money for a GUHL'S dyno pull and flash. That's where I'm putting my money.

Flip

Suave96 did a dyno run with the coffmans and got 94 horse at the wheel,same as stock,he has a YouTube video of it being dynoed, which for me kills the whole power loss thing, exhaust sounds and looks great on the 8

xjcurtisx

I actually felt the power drop a bit when putting this exhaust on but as soon as i took out the baffle, everything opened right up and i couldn't tell a difference from the stock.

860Rider

So I asked Mr Coffman about it, and if you don't replace it with the smaller R6 baffle you shouldn't lose power. I left my FZ8 baffle in and I can't "feel" any loss. Just leave it alone and it will be fine. Again its a minimal design so its JUST for sound, not power.

LimitedEdition

I run my Coffman with the baffle in (my cat isn't gutted either) and didn't notice any power loss. Couldn't care less if I lost a HP or two either way, looks and sounds the way I want it to.

It's hard to compete with the likes of Yoshimura and Two Brothers. They both have extremely talented engineers on their team, Coffman is simply a good, affordable exhaust with a minimalist design geared towards people who don't want to drop big dollars on a slip-on just for the sound.

Flip

I think it looks better than a big ass slip on too, and carbon fiber makes me cringe I think it looks cheap

rotambo

I bought a Coffman slip on, I knew from the get go that it wouldn't be for performance only for the sound (which I think sounds way better than the stock pipe). You shouldn't really expect performance out of a 200$ exhaust, like everyone else said, "you get what you pay for".