8less... **Found a bike!** Got the Bandit! Pics/early review

D

DJK1505

Hell yeah man!!!! You gonna keep that half fairing on it, or stirp it down? Nice deal! Congrats!!!

DJ

JSP

Administrator
Hell yeah man!!!! You gonna keep that half fairing on it, or stirp it down? Nice deal! Congrats!!!

DJ

Going to keep as is right now. Maybe down the road, strip it down and single or dual round headlamp it. Not sure. I'll just enjoy the bike for a while. ;)

I also heard they are wheelie prone... Especially if I have the bags loaded up. :D I'll have to report back on that! :eek::cool:

H

Hoover

Going to keep as is right now. Maybe down the road, strip it down and single or dual round headlamp it. Not sure. I'll just enjoy the bike for a while. ;)

I also heard they are wheelie prone... Especially if I have the bags loaded up. :D I'll have to report back on that! :eek::cool:

That old oil burner is one of biking's greatest engines ever. Bulletproof and so tuneable. I've heard of them hitting 300+ hp easily.

Cut it up and mod the shit out of it. See my avatar for ideas ;)

There is a company in the UK that makes a 916/996 style tail and exhaust for Bandits. I'll see if I can find them for you. :D

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
That old oil burner is one of biking's greatest engines ever. Bulletproof and so tuneable. I've heard of them hitting 300+ hp easily.

Cut it up and mod the shit out of it. See my avatar for ideas ;)

There is a company in the UK that makes a 916/996 style tail and exhaust for Bandits. I'll see if I can find them for you. :D

Nice! Yeah, I may have future plans for this thing. Since it is all paid for (tomorrow) I may chop her up in the future when I decide on another bike. Or maybe keep this in touring mode and get something more hardcore to supplement it. Not sure yet. This could make a killer street fighter build though...

C

Camo

It'll make the "no cash owed" list at least.
If you're hard up for cash, sounds like you should be able to ride around on the back wheel to save you buying a front ;)

JSP

Administrator
Called and got insurance quote through my peepes State Farm. Basic liability (since bike not worth much). $7.50 a month! Hahaha! :cool:

tiki

Called and got insurance quote through my peepes State Farm. Basic liability (since bike not worth much). $7.50 a month! Hahaha! :cool:
basic liability....7.50 a month, full coverage 300 a month :p Still thats a damn good rate and a nice looking bike.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Congrats on the new bike. I like the color. Looks like a few long distance tours are in your future, lots of storage for camping gear.

JSP

Administrator
Got the bike!

Needs new rear tire and chain pretty bad. (both on order already). Front tire is fine for a while. There is a little damage to the front cowl but nothing bad. It has been touched up but not very well. I may just end up plasti-dipping the front cowl black or something. Not sure. Bike runs beautiful and has awesome torque! I love the bags. They are mono lock or something like that. They just snap right on and off of the mounts very easy. They can hold a metric butt load of crap.

It has obviously been dropped a few times. Little scratches and gouges here and there but looks very low speed if hardly moving at all.

All in all for $2500 I am absolutely happy and could not stop smiling when I rode this thing. So fun. 11k redline and it likes to stay in the middle of the range. Tons of power/torque at ANY rpm! Thing is a beast.

Throttle Meiser or however you spell it is great. Just twist the bar end and it locks the throttle.

Givi touring screen keeps the wind off very nicely.

Sprockets look brand new, so just doing a chain for now.

Heated grips take a while to heat up but thats expected and how they all usually are.

12V power outlet will come in handy!

Holeshot exhaust sounds good. Nothing crazy loud, but a nice throaty growl. Sounds like a motorcycle should sound.

It is heavy. I definitely feel the extra weight. I need to master the center stand technique. Wrenching my back trying to get this thing up. Its a pig.

When moving, the weight disappears. Very smooth ride. Dips into corners awesome and damn is it comfy!

Brand new battery. Wired for battery tender and he gave me a brand new unused tender as well.

Could not be happier with this buy. May end up just keeping this bad boy for a long time.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

Jay, is that Holeshot exhaust from Holeshot Racing?
That company was founded by Jack Frost, he was one of the first to go nuts with turbos on Bandits. He is the "Bandit Guru" mate.
Throw a set of GSXR forks on it, you'll be amazed how good it makes it.

JSP

Administrator
Jay, is that Holeshot exhaust from Holeshot Racing?
That company was founded by Jack Frost, he was one of the first to go nuts with turbos on Bandits. He is the "Bandit Guru" mate.
Throw a set of GSXR forks on it, you'll be amazed how good it makes it.

Not sure... Says Dale Walkers Holeshot performance on it.

C

Camo

You've done well mate, that's a whole lotta bike for next to nothing.

Tango59

Nice bandit. I have an 08 1250 and you're right, it's HEAVY. Go here Maximum-Suzuki.com for everything you ever wanted to know about Bandits. There's a few grumpy old dudes there but it's a great forum. Dale Walker makes it his forum home.