8less... **Found a bike!** Got the Bandit! Pics/early review

JSP

Administrator
Sad day, but happy at the same time.

As many of ya know, I was trying to sell my 8. Well, found a buyer and its a done deal.

Wife is still unemployed and going to school. I really needed out from under the payment. I will not stay bikeless for long. I have enough cash from the sale and tax return, etc to buy an older used bike outright right now. Just need to find one. Have $3500 to play with. So I will get a bike and have no payments. I will be a happy camper at that point. I will surely miss the FZ. It was an amazing bike.

I will be looking at older FZ1, CBR, F4i, 03-05 R6, SV650, etc.

Not going anywhere on the forums though. Someone needs to stay and keep you hooligans in check! :D

You guys are great.

C

Camo

Good onya mate!
I had given thought to the same route but things changed, got lucky.
Please get an old CBR954....Give me something to drool over lol

F

Fazed

That is bad news but can understand your reasons. Will another FZ8 be on the cards if the financial situation picks up? Maybe 2013 with the new upgrades. Buying a low cost bike means you won't loose much money if trade/sell it.

JSP

Administrator
That is bad news but can understand your reasons. Will another FZ8 be on the cards if the financial situation picks up? Maybe 2013 with the new upgrades. Buying a low cost bike means you won't loose much money if trade/sell it.

Most definitely will be on a future bike purchase list.

What is good about all of this is that I did not lose any money on this sale.

I sold the bike for $100 less than I paid for it last summer. So I got a long test drive for the cost of gas and $100. Can't complain about that! No sales tax here so I did not lose out on any of that either.

All in all the situation worked itself pretty well.

F

Fazed

Haha, I just read your sig

Oatmeal raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the reason I have trust issues...

Reminded me when my mate said' This chocolate chip ice cream tastes like shit' I responded with 'That's because it's rum and raisin'

C

calscrazy

JSP congrats on sale. whatever it takes to take care of the family is what's most important. alot of hard times out there for alot of folks. if anything i can help with just ask.

Fazer i dont know why but that rum and raisin had me rofl!!

cant speak for the other bikes you mentioned but the I don't think you would be bored with an sv 650 !!it may not have the hp or trq of the 8 but there is a ton of cheap mods that really wake the bike up and its a ton of fun to ride!!!

D

DJK1505

Try and get out and find a Kawasaki ER6n. Sweet looking bike, I love the torque of the twin parallel, it still has 11.5K revs, and light as shit! Not sure I would go from an 8 to a CBR anything. I hate laying over so much anymore. But whatever you find man! Be sure to post up picks brother!!!!!!

DJ

agreed the Kawasaki 6r-n is a nicer looking bike but performance wise do you think it out preforms the sv?

JSP

Administrator
Try and get out and find a Kawasaki ER6n. Sweet looking bike, I love the torque of the twin parallel, it still has 11.5K revs, and light as shit! Not sure I would go from an 8 to a CBR anything. I hate laying over so much anymore. But whatever you find man! Be sure to post up picks brother!!!!!!

DJ

I had a 09 R6 before the 8. Leaned over doesn't bother me. It's cruisers i cannot stand. That slight hunched over position kills my back. The 8 is perfect, but im good with more agressive too. :)

I'll keep ya updated with what I find. May be a couple weeks. Looking for that great deal haha.

H

Hoover

Jay, if you decide on an SV, let me know. A friend of mine has a performance shop and used to have an SV race team. He has shit loads of performance parts for them he is up for selling.

JSP

Administrator
Jay, if you decide on an SV, let me know. A friend of mine has a performance shop and used to have an SV race team. He has shit loads of performance parts for them he is up for selling.

Will do! Thanks man. ;)

D

DJK1505

agreed the Kawasaki 6r-n is a nicer looking bike but performance wise do you think it out preforms the sv?

I think the kawai looks a million times better. I could care if its a tad better, or more hp, or top end is better. I buy my shit bc i think it looks cool. and there r a ton of sv's around here, dont really see any ern's. But if u could get a cheap sv and a ton of parts cheap, hmmmmm id think long and hard about that!!! Lol

Dj

there are a ton of after market parts and for cheap I put a complete gsxr 1000 front end on mine for 700 bucks!

JSP

Administrator
Found my bike! Picking her up tomorrow about 3 hours away as long as there are no surprises when I get there!

2002 Bandit 1200! LOTS of goodies. Full GIVI setup, heated hand grips, cruise control, touring windscreen, engine guards, lowered passenger pegs, Exhaust, center stand, etc.

$2500! Thing is in awesome shape.

This makes bike #5 in 5 years... ha.

Last edited:
F

Fazed

Found my bike! Picking her up tomorrow about 3 hours away as long as there are no surprises when I get there!

2002 Bandit 1200! LOTS of goodies. Full GIVI setup, heated hand grips, cruise control, touring windscreen, engine guards, lowered passenger pegs, Exhaust, center stand, etc.

$2500! Thing is in awesome shape.

This makes bike #5 in 5 years... ha.

Nice, all set for touring the world. Lots of goodies for that price. Also I've heard they are a right wheelie machine ;)