Yamaha financing

Gary

Anyone have their bikes financed through Yamaha? Any problems with them tacking on outrageous late fees? I just got my bill today with a $39 late fee from this month. I sent out the payment soon after getting the bill at the end of Feb but they claim it wasn't posted until March 4th. I'll call them on Monday to see what can be done. I will keep you updated.

JSP

Administrator
That sucks... I always hated that. Post office could have lost it until then and they got it late. That is why I have been dealing with local credit unions for my loans. Best rates and I can walk right in and deliver payment. See if you can get them to acknowledge the date you wrote on the check and the date stamp from receipt/sorting on the envelope from the PO? Doubt they even have the envelope anymore.

Another thing to do would be set up auto bill pay or online bill pay from your bank to them? Not sure if Yamaha has online bill pay, but that is option too.

C

cracker0309

That does suck..

I have my bike financed through Yamaha and never had a problem but then it automatically gets taken out every month.

I would definitly call them monday.

Keep us posted

LERecords

I had it on my fz6.. wasnt bad.. never had a problem.. but that was years ago and im sure they are a bit understaffed... id call.. im sure they will work with you.. if not, try to find some zero percent credit card.. i did it toward the end and only paid a little interest.. good luck!!

charris247

I paid off my Yamaha financing within 3 months of buying my 2011,however I recently got a new Yamaha financing card in the mail with a letter explaining that Capital One has taken over. I know it used to be HSBC so maybe they are still transitioning and your payment somehow got delayed.

Gary

I just got off the phone with Yamaha and they waived the late fee for me. They said I only get one waiver for the life of the loan. That's good enough for me. I should see that $39 go toward the payoff of my bike. I'll make sure no other payments are late.

JSP

Administrator
I just got off the phone with Yamaha and they waived the late fee for me. They said I only get one waiver for the life of the loan. That's good enough for me. I should see that $39 go toward the payoff of my bike. I'll make sure no other payments are late.

Not to pry, but what is your interest rate? I would highly suggest a refinance through a local credit union if anything over 6%. My local CU beats anyone else in rates. My last bike was 3.9% and our car now is just a hair over 3%. I bought my dad his bike through the dealer financing.. Honda. Was over 15%. (I got the loan and the bike to surprise him and get him back into riding, he pays the loan though ;)). Went to the credit union after that and got the loan refied to 3.9%.

Just something to thank about and save you some dough. Can't hurt to talk to them.

07cobaltLScoupe

Not to pry, but what is your interest rate? I would highly suggest a refinance through a local credit union if anything over 6%. My local CU beats anyone else in rates. My last bike was 3.9% and our car now is just a hair over 3%. I bought my dad his bike through the dealer financing.. Honda. Was over 15%. (I got the loan and the bike to surprise him and get him back into riding, he pays the loan though ;)). Went to the credit union after that and got the loan refied to 3.9%.

Just something to thank about and save you some dough. Can't hurt to talk to them.

i'm actually going through this process myself right now. the only reason i did the Yamaha financing (GE capital) was because i was laid off for winter and couldn't provide any pay stubs and GE didn't require them so i got 7.99%, now i can apply to refinance with my credit union at 2.29% before March 31 (2012 still considered new) and i have 60 days to agree and provide pay stubs, which is good because i'm back to work this week. just the interest i save will be about $1300 but the loan will be paid off early so it should be more than that

Gary

My rate is 3.99%. I bought the bike during a promotion late in the season. I'm paying extra on the monthly payments to pay it off faster. Thanks for the advice.

dtbrown

I'd check to make sure you have your original promotion interest rate still. I know that if you're late it defaults that that high as hell interest rate.

Also set up the automatic payment. You can choose the days it takes out the payment and the amount. You'll just have to set up the payments for every month. I set them up for the next two years and the amount.

Good luck

Anyone have their bikes financed through Yamaha? Any problems with them tacking on outrageous late fees? I just got my bill today with a $39 late fee from this month. I sent out the payment soon after getting the bill at the end of Feb but they claim it wasn't posted until March 4th. I'll call them on Monday to see what can be done. I will keep you updated.