What's your biker rage story? (mine from today)

ssky0078

I was taking my usual route this morning on the freeways to work. At one on ramp between the 101 south and 60 west there is a portion where it's 2 lanes, the right goes off to a surface road and the left goes onto the 60west. A construction style F150 was in the left lane, merged in front of me to the right lane, I merged over to the left and was accelerating back up to freeway speed. When this M'FER threw a cigarette out his window and hit me in the face with a little bit of ember hitting my neck. I was so MAD, I got up to his side window and was staring him down, and he looked like he was confused as to what was wrong. I flip the dude off (not cool I know but I was pissed) and create some distance. I kept about 30 feet in front of him and just kept turning back and staring him down. I didn't want him to forget what he just did and to think twice before littering/throwing cigarettes out at people.

I totally understand how motorcyclist get pissed off now and you hear stories of them punching out windows, knocking off side mirrors, kicking in fenders, etc. I wanted to slow down and start wailing on this guys truck. I didn't I just sped away. The dude was an older 50ish construction hard looking guy that probably rode a HD. still in my mind I was contemplating if I could take him and/or if he would just run me off the road as I was riding away.

The fun part now as I'm writing this is knowing that the psychological response is all part of the physiological response for fight/flight/freeze or sympathetic nervous sytem. Being a motorcyclist we are already vulnerable to more hazards and when someone knowingly creates another hazard that threatens you, it's easy to want to fight (road rage), flee the situation (speed off), or freeze (crash, target fixate, lose the correct line, forget to brake, etc). Anyone of these responses increases the likelihood of harm to yourself and other so it's best to calm it down and get back into control of the situation.

Anyway, I thought I'd share and would like to hear others situations and how you reacted to what happened to you both the good and the bad because we've all been there in one way or another.

So, tell us your Biker Rage story?

H

Hoover

I have had the exact same thing happen to me.
I did kick his door in!

C

Camo

I had a guy pull out on me while I was going through a roundabout. Twice I tried to go round him and twice he moved to block me... We stopped at a red light about 500m up the road so I pulled up beside him, he had his window almost all the way up and he looked to be in his early 20's.
Got off my bike, flipped up my visor and asked him what his fucking problem was, he flicked his tongue at me and laughed. I saw red and went to pull his window out and it shattered in my hands, took a half step back and threw a straight right.

Let him get his leg out of the car and kicked the door closed on his leg and head butt him with my helmet on. He put both hands up as if to surrender so I got back on my bike.
By this stage the cars in front had bailed and the cars behind were just gawking, I click first gear and I hear his car...fucker tried to run me over as he took off.
I caught up to him and he was trying to swerve all over the road... I think the adrenalin caught me up at that stage and I just backed off and let him go.
All this only minutes from my place on my way home from work at 9ish in the morning.

Moral of the story, people are fucked and helmets hurt noses.
If you're going to try kill me while I'm riding, you best succeed or I'll be sure to let you know how I feel about it.

ssky0078

Moral of the story, people are fucked and helmets hurt noses. If you're going to try kill me while I'm riding, you best succeed or I'll be sure to let you know how I feel about it.

:nw::nw:

And here I thought you aussie guys may be a bunch of pussies over the whole gun debate, but the truth is you don't need guns, you fuck $hit up with helmets and fists. I guess it helps that you don't have to worry about being shot.

New found respect, definitely new found respect.

C

Camo

Nothing tough about it really, just frustrated that people think its a game when they're all safe inside their cage.
If he had of said sorry mate, just got our wires crossed or something like that I'd have been cool with it and given him a nod and been on my way.
I'm glad we don't have guns, I'd have been locked up years ago.

Edit: I was embarrassed to tell that story initially as I do have a short fuse but generally exercise far greater self control. Not trying to be a he-man, it was a stupid thing to do and could have ended badly for me and old matey.

Last edited:

ssky0078

Nothing tough about it really, just frustrated that people think its a game when they're all safe inside their cage.
If he had of said sorry mate, just got our wires crossed or something like that I'd have been cool with it and given him a nod and been on my way.
I'm glad we don't have guns, I'd have been locked up years ago.

Edit: I was embarrassed to tell that story initially as I do have a short fuse but generally exercise far greater self control. Not trying to be a he-man, it was a stupid thing to do and could have ended badly for me and old matey.

I know what you mean, I've learned better self control. I'm only 34, but about 5 years ago, I was an ass, and 10 years ago when I could work out like a fiend I used to have to exercise extreme restraint.

There's no shame in what you did, it's part of basic human physiology/psychology. Fight or flight or freeze. Lucky it didn't turn out worse though.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I have no bike rage stories, but I've had a couple in the cage. Not proud because I didnt help the situation and look back at how stupid I was

Sent from my P.O.S

sinclap2

Lazy
Mine are biker usually frustration stories. The latest one was riding home I have ride past a retirement village and often you'll get an old duck driving her Camry at 3km/h in the 80 zone. Usually, I just follow them coz I am not in a rush...usually, but this day I was. So, I caught up to her, while shouting in my helmet "NO! Not to today you [inset a whole bunch of shit in here]!", as she slowly built up to about 75-80 and approached the on ramp. I thought OK, she is actually doing the speed limit'ish so this should be ok. I did my head check before jumping on the highway, swung my head back around AND...this silly bitch had slowed down to about 65 and i was approaching bloody quickly! I threw the bike to the right, got up beside her, blew the horn, then flipped her off! It scared the shit out of me! It felt like she had actually stopped the car, plus I'd started to accelerate as well!

C

Camo

Mine are biker usually frustration stories. The latest one was riding home I have ride past a retirement village and often you'll get an old duck driving her Camry at 3km/h in the 80 zone. Usually, I just follow them coz I am not in a rush...usually, but this day I was. So, I caught up to her, while shouting in my helmet "NO! Not to today you [inset a whole bunch of shit in here]!", as she slowly built up to about 75-80 and approached the on ramp. I thought OK, she is actually doing the speed limit'ish so this should be ok. I did my head check before jumping on the highway, swung my head back around AND...this silly bitch had slowed down to about 65 and i was approaching bloody quickly! I threw the bike to the right, got up beside her, blew the horn, then flipped her off! It scared the shit out of me! It felt like she had actually stopped the car, plus I'd started to accelerate as well!
Notice it's ALWAYS a Camry? I have a theory, it's not actually the drivers fault... Camry's are out to kill, maime or injure! It's just Toyota's way of trimming numbers off of the population.

ssky0078

So, I don't know what is up with my luck today. So the guy this morning threw his cigarette out the window by accident. On the way home I was getting off the freeway to the exit lane which is about a half mile before the ramp. I start to accelerate up to/maybe a little over the speed limit when the POS Toyota pickup in front of me decides to come over with no turn signal. I simply get on the brake back off and politely waive this guy over. He F%$@ing throws a cigarette out the window towards me and thankfully misses. I'm fuming at first then I just hang back and we get to the light at the end of the on ramp, I look over at him and he looks at me. He's looking pissed at first, so I flip up my modular and smile at the guy. He was shocked and didn't know what to do, he wouldn't make eye contact after that.

Maybe cigarettes are mad at me, because I probably counsel 2-4 patients a day to quit smoking. WTF.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
My vent is lane splitting and passing now cause I had a close-call in school once. I'd had my Uncle's bar bike which was a hardtail sporty with some extra rake and an S&S crate so I'm half on cloud9 because here I am 17 this nasty cruiser and the other half is pure nerves. So this a@$ hat pulls out of the school lot in front of after our last class, actually looks and laughs, so I crack the throttle buzz around him and at the first stop sign I got off tossed my helmet on the ground and as I walk up to his car he leans out the window and asks me something about my mangina hurting so I grabbed his collar and bounced his head off the B-pillar and sure as shit as I cocked back for another swing a cop buzzed his siren. Nothing really came of it because the kid admitted what he'd done to the officer and we both agreed to let it lie and we're actually pretty good pals now, hell I even got him riding two years back. We re-visit that story some times and it's probably romanticized but it was like a movie scene, I had that bike parked across that lane and never shut it off so that big S&S is sittin there cacklin away as I was gettin ready to whoop some. I hated that part of me and I'm glad it's gone but sometime's I think my new out is even more reckless.

jumb5150

And here I thought you aussie guys may be a bunch of pussies over the whole gun debate, but the truth is you don't need guns, you fuck $hit up with helmets and fists. I guess it helps that you don't have to worry about being shot.

New found respect, definitely new found respect.

As a gun owner. I don't believe in pulling out your gun on anyone. U did the right thing camo and beat him your fist. Good man.

Moral of the story.. don't pull out your gun unless you really mean to use it and you better be sure you really mean to use it.

ssky0078

As a gun owner. I don't believe in pulling out your gun on anyone. U did the right thing camo and beat him your fist. Good man.

Moral of the story.. don't pull out your gun unless you really mean to use it and you better be sure you really mean to use it.

True that, I've never drawn down on anyone because I'm definitely not ready for that. I keep mine mostly for home defense because of the home invasions that have happened around me.

And mostly I was just joking because of how heated the gun discussion got before from the Aussie crowd. I have much respect for them.

Last edited:
F

Fazed

Notice it's ALWAYS a Camry? I have a theory, it's not actually the drivers fault... Camry's are out to kill, maime or injure! It's just Toyota's way of trimming numbers off of the population.

Remember when old ppl used to drive Toyota Crowns?

sinclap2

Lazy
Remember when old ppl used to drive Toyota Crowns?

Oh Yeah! My dad always wanted a Crown or a Cressida and said he would get one when he retired but by that time they had stopped importing the Cressida (the Crown stopped ages before that).

I also have something shameful to admit...my first car was a Camry...

B

bren

Oh Yeah! My dad always wanted a Crown or a Cressida and said he would get one when he retired but by that time they had stopped importing the Cressida (the Crown stopped ages before that).

I also have something shameful to admit...my first car was a Camry...

You are not an indian doctor are you?? :D

C

calscrazy

i had a few in california when i was in the marines in san diego but nothing that just had me so fuming i lost my mind. did see my friend on his 1098 take out a lady's mirror with the heel of his riding boot. that was pretty funny because after that she got over and was trying to catch him. she was in a little 4dr sedan.
my favorite of all is my wife. we had dinner at humperdink's in arlington with some friends. she was in the car and i was on bike. she is behind me as we are going home on 360 south. there was a middle aged woman in a nice beemer to my right and she just starts getting over on top of me. she had to have seen me because i was even with her front door. i end up on the stripe on the left side inches from the median before she realizes i am there. she freaks out and jerks back into her lane. when we get to the light at camp wisdom and 360 i look in my mirror. my wife who was behind me for all this is out of her car and chewing this woman's arse out. understand that i am from texas and my wife is from northeast. when she gets those hands going, talking all fast and cursing i know she is hot. i just sat there looking in my mirror and laughing. thinking in my mind "dont worry lady i have been there."

Last edited by a moderator: