What's the worst thing that's hit you or your bike while on the road?

On my morning commute, I see something hit my visor and ignore it, figured it was some debris or a bug. A few seconds later, I feel a pinching on my thigh and it's hurting like hell!! I start slapping at my my leg and it's not getting any better. I pull over, drop my pants and it looks like I got stung by something.

Must have been a sight seeing me whacking my crotch area, pulling over and then pulling my pants down. :eek:

I have only been riding for a few years but it's the first time I've gotten stung. And I get freaked out when I hear stories of cages loosing their wheels while on the highway or parts of a payload flying off a rig.

How about you guys? What's the worst you've had to deal with? Hopefully not as bad as this guy - Motorcyclist struck by lightning

Tix

I was going to say bugs. But as of last night I had a semi kick up a 3 or 4 inch piece of tire/rubber from two lanes away. Smacked right into my Right Shoulder before bouncing off and hitting the car to my right rear.

I was using an Alice Pack to move stuff, so the extra padding on the strap + shoulder armor saved the day. No injuries to report other than being stiff.

I got off Very lucky.

Trooper

I was going to say bugs. But as of last night I had a semi kick up a 3 or 4 inch piece of tire/rubber from two lanes away. Smacked right into my Right Shoulder before bouncing off and hitting the car to my right rear.

I was using an Alice Pack to move stuff, so the extra padding on the strap + shoulder armor saved the day. No injuries to report other than being stiff.

I got off Very lucky.

ouch....

A bird bounced off the top of my helmet and it felt like someone slapped me really hard in the head with a helmet on. Didn't hurt all that much, but my ears rung for a few hours. I was just fortunate that it didn't hit me straight on the visor, as I am not sure it would have withstood the impact.

adams614

Pillion
Small brick from an interstate over-pass a few years ago. Not sure how I kept the bike up after the hit but only damage to my face shield and helmet. The weird thing is I remember seeing something falling but don't remember the head hit. Same thing happened to me in a car a few years before with a chunk of ice.

Trooper

Small brick from an interstate over-pass a few years ago. Not sure how I kept the bike up after the hit but only damage to my face shield and helmet. The weird thing is I remember seeing something falling but don't remember the head hit. Same thing happened to me in a car a few years before with a chunk of ice.

:eek:

Bajaedition

back in the early 80s, before helmet laws
I was shooting down the hwy about 70 MPH when a cicada hit me in the forehead
as stated by someone earlier, I do not know how I stayed on the bike

funniest thing I ever saw, we were shooting up the Ortega Hwy when a few bugs hit the face screen and I smelled honey. around 2 more turns at a turn out were about 6 Harley riders all stripping off their pants and swatting bees.
Yea forward pegs are a smart idea

BigOleChalupa

Tree....

Have you seen this one guys?? Tree falls on motorcyclist!!! How freaking random is this!!?
Really good youtube channel though....the guy is a motorcycle skills instructor in Britain.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgqChIRJsX8&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7cTUIwR1FuvMplHdHNDGug]Tree falls onto motorcyclist - YouTube[/ame]
Cheers
BIGO

master paper clip

I've been hit by a bat.... The kind with wings not the wooden one... Also alot of giant bugs and a bird to the shoulder... My whole bike and me almost ate an entire full size deer, but he thought the Jetta would hurt less apparently till he went airborn and almost landed on me

BigOleChalupa

As for me, the worst I got was a friggin' bee or wasp up my jacket sleeve......stung me 3 times in the elbow joint, and was the WEIRDEST feeling ever!!!
It sends a horrible pain up to your brain, then down your spinal cord and everything.... Like a really really bad shock. Annnd, add to that doing twisties @ 40 or 50 mph and it was pretty damn scary....
Cheers
BIGO

tjfisher

Split a rabbit in two and it almost hit the rider behind me and nailed a 2-3" log the other morning jared the sh&$ out of my wrist .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

compensation

Deer, bat, blast from fire hydrant, and a bee went up my shirt sleeve and kept stinging my arm pit. Got everything on the go pro but the deer, its the reason I bought them.

alexk

Weekend Rider
The way home last night, a cager tossed a cigarette out the window. It sort of asploded when it hit the ground, and I rode through what looked like a ball of fire (yes, I could feel the heat... wth was in that cigarette?)

Runner up would be a giant moth into the visor... snapped my head back so much it hurt... and the bastard stuck to my helmet flapping away. Had to turn my head before the wind would slide it off...

Mint

In 2010 I was on the freeway on CBR600 when the Hailstorm that caused over a billion dollars worth of damage hit Perth....got battered with golf ball sized hail for a few minutes until I pulled off freeway and parked in some bushes....there was car windows smashing all over the place and cars just veering off the road....was a frightening experience.:eek: