What would u do

Well was at the dealership today and just shooting the sh*t with the sales guy and he said my 11 fz8 and $1000 for a 2009 r6 mint 5000 km.... Worth it?

D

DJK1505

Depending on what the R6 has on it, but the bike is probably worth 8K. Yours about 6500 or so. You are really only getting a 500 dollar deal in my eyes. You can find better deals out there. But the R6 is a bad ass bike! I run with a buddy that has an 07 R6. I have been doing a bunch of tuning on it and playing. They are fun!

DJ

JSP

Administrator
Your 8 is worth $6K-$6.5K easy. The R6 is worth about $6500-$6800 TOPS...

So with another $1k from you... Definitely not a steal.

This is all assuming your bike is paid off.

Straight across without the extra $1k from you then... i could say yes.

How much they want for the R6 by itself?

My numbers are all USD, so convert to yours.

I owned a 09 R6 before the 8 and yes it is a great bike. Slug below 8K, but after that it is killer. 16.5 ish K redline. It screamed.

Mine is paid off all the dealer is Ontario will give me is 5000 tops fz8 n not selling all that well

JSP

Administrator
Best bet is to sell the bike outright yourself and then work a better deal for an R6 if that is what you want. Don't rush into these dealer deals. Remember, you are never ahead of them. They are in the business to make money.

D

DJK1505

Your 8 is worth $6K-$6.5K easy. The R6 is worth about $6500-$6800 TOPS...

So with another $1k from you... Definitely not a steal.

This is all assuming your bike is paid off.

Straight across without the extra $1k from you then... i could say yes.

How much they want for the R6 by itself?

My numbers are all USD, so convert to yours.

I owned a 09 R6 before the 8 and yes it is a great bike. Slug below 8K, but after that it is killer. 16.5 ish K redline. It screamed.

6800 thats it? man bikes are cheap around you. On craigslist I am seeing a bunch of 08's for 5500-7500. Nada has an 09 priced at 8K. But either way, you could prob get a better deal holding out and selling yours yourself, and getting something off craigslist.

DJ

JSP

Administrator
6800 thats it? man bikes are cheap around you. On craigslist I am seeing a bunch of 08's for 5500-7500. Nada has an 09 priced at 8K. But either way, you could prob get a better deal holding out and selling yours yourself, and getting something off craigslist.

DJ

2011 will go for close to that but no way the 09 will. I sold mine last year for $6,700. $7k would be MAX price.

NADA IS always a high book. KBB is more realistic most of the time.

C

Camo

The R6 is a track only bike in my eyes, you gotta ride high in the 'lose your licence' Rpm range to have it playing happy bike for you.
An 06 Gixer thou would be a better rode bike for the money in my opinion...worthy swap too :)

C

Camo

Sorry by thou I meant 1000. K6 Gsxr1000, if you can get a hold of one, give it a ride.

I had the 2009-2012 gsxr 1000 out I get to test ride them every year at our local biker weekend they are a ton of fun

C

Camo

The newer models feel a whole lot more cramped to me, the K6 is not only the best looking for mine but is almost sport-tour'ish in the seating triangle...well appeared that way to me.

ssky0078

I don't know where you guys find such smoking deals on R6 but here in AZ those are hot commodities and I see 2006 R6 for around 65000.

KBB here for an '09 R6 is 7200. and a 2011 Fz8 is 6600. I would see if you could get the deal for your bike plus 500 if you really want it. I wish I was 6 inches shorter and 60 pounds lighter then I would be on an R6. But at 6'4" and 245 it is just not comfortable to be over on my wrists like that.

W

WARPTH

The newer models feel a whole lot more cramped to me, the K6 is not only the best looking for mine but is almost sport-tour'ish in the seating triangle...well appeared that way to me.

i personally love the look of the 08 09 model gixxers. that head light does it for me. :)

Last edited by a moderator: