What did you get for Christmas (PICTURES)

C

Camo

Hey camo if u don't mind me asking how old is your son and what size is the bike... I ask cause my nephews got a crf70 and just trying to get an idea of the size since we still havnt seen it and I don't know to much about dirt bikes... just wanna make sure it won't be to big for him

I don't mind at all, the top pic is of my eldest and he's a fairly lanky 9 year old. The bottom pic is my middle boy and he's a fairly big boy for 4.

The bike is a Yamaha TTR50. It was slightly taller than the peewee, has electric start, 3 speed clutch less, throttle block and is a good solid unit.

My 4 year old can only just touch the ground but only took him 20 minutes to work out how to hold the bike up without a wobble or panic.
My 9 year old is probably a touch to tall for the bike but folds on pretty neatly for the time being. I clicked it into first for him after a basic run down and start/stop practice, he took off and I had to call him back after 15 minutes and put it into second for him lol.
I've got it set so they can only access half throttle but my eldest is ready for more and my youngest is still content with half throttle/1st gear.

I'm looking at a used KTM 65sx for my eldest in 6 months. It's a bit bigger in size but has a heap more zing.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I don't mind at all, the top pic is of my eldest and he's a fairly lanky 9 year old. The bottom pic is my middle boy and he's a fairly big boy for 4.

The bike is a Yamaha TTR50. It was slightly taller than the peewee, has electric start, 3 speed clutch less, throttle block and is a good solid unit.

My 4 year old can only just touch the ground but only took him 20 minutes to work out how to hold the bike up without a wobble or panic.
My 9 year old is probably a touch to tall for the bike but folds on pretty neatly for the time being. I clicked it into first for him after a basic run down and start/stop practice, he took off and I had to call him back after 15 minutes and put it into second for him lol.
I've got it set so they can only access half throttle but my eldest is ready for more and my youngest is still content with half throttle/1st gear.

I'm looking at a used KTM 65sx for my eldest in 6 months. It's a bit bigger in size but has a heap more zing.
Camo You are Awesom!
If when I was at that age and got to do that i'd been on top of the world!
fortunately I was lucky to get a bicycle

C

Camo

How did u go about blocking the throttle, deffinatly gonna need to do that

It's just a screw you wind on or out limiting the range of wot, it comes already equipped. If you checkout the pics, you can see the screw just under the front brake lever
Ttr50
I'm not sure it comes standard with all kids bikes?

Camo You are Awesom!
If when I was at that age and got to do that i'd been on top of the world!
fortunately I was lucky to get a bicycle
I have my moments I guess, thanks mate lol.
Me too, I never got a bike till I could buy my own. I think that's why it's so awesome to see my kids getting so much out of it.

Koxos87

My first bike was a "Jawa babetta" when i was 9.
By the age of 14 got a license for 50cc bike's, and ride a 125cc on road...:D
Only turned 16 when got an R6 for a few months, then my dad find it out so got to sell it on...:mad::D Unfortunately parent are divorced...

Only get around it again early this year with an FZ8, but now fully legal with insurance and license...:eek:

Just for the record if i ever gonna have a kid, gonna put "him" on the bike soon is i can... :cool:

My friend son...

Paralgin

Avid Rider
This is what i got:

-Gopro camera
-Whiskey bottles
-Digital compact camera
- And some other stuff like socks and shit for my apartment.

H

Hoover

It's just a screw you wind on or out limiting the range of wot, it comes already equipped. If you checkout the pics, you can see the screw just under the front brake lever
Ttr50
I'm not sure it comes standard with all kids bikes?

I have my moments I guess, thanks mate lol.
Me too, I never got a bike till I could buy my own. I think that's why it's so awesome to see my kids getting so much out of it.

Cam, great stuff. I bought my eldest a Honda XR100 when he was 10, then it got passed down to my youngest when he turned 10. Start them young.

n00b

Avid Rider
not my pic, but this :)