What did you do to your bike today?

frogger

gave mine a somewhat proper clean today. trying to decide if i goto carbon fibre body work or not. also need to look at a nicer seat for longer km's

View attachment 3661

View attachment 3662

View attachment 3663

View attachment 3664

MRA windscreen
Grips
Levers
LED blinkers front and rear
home made radiator cover
home made stealth fighter radiator sliders
Givi crash bars
Trailtech LED driving lights
R1 rear shock
Fazer pax grab handles
custom dynamic integrated tail light
homemade rear hugger
Sargent comfort seats
Power Commander V
Autotune
K&N filter
Two Bros carbon pipe

There may be a few others but Ive had a few beers...

Oh yeah....bar end mirrors, a cell phone mount and a few little pieces of door end molding in strategic spots around the headlight to kill the buzzing...
Love the shocks man. Which model year of the r1 shocks? Is it an exact fit?[emoji2]

View attachment 3661

View attachment 3662

View attachment 3663

View attachment 3664

MRA windscreen
Grips
Levers
LED blinkers front and rear
home made radiator cover
home made stealth fighter radiator sliders
Givi crash bars
Trailtech LED driving lights
R1 rear shock
Fazer pax grab handles
custom dynamic integrated tail light
homemade rear hugger
Sargent comfort seats
Power Commander V
Autotune
K&N filter
Two Bros carbon pipe

There may be a few others but Ive had a few beers...

Oh yeah....bar end mirrors, a cell phone mount and a few little pieces of door end molding in strategic spots around the headlight to kill the buzzing...
May i know which year is the r1 shocks? Is it an exact fit? [emoji2] coz my stock shocks are shit.

Buffnav76

Mine is a 2010.

It's a perfect fit on the bottom, but not the top.

There's a guy on here "satan 666" that is a machinist and makes a VERY nice billet adapter.

With that, yes it's a perfect fit.

Look him up and send him a PM.

Cheers!

Blackfin

Oil and filter (using Motul 7100 10W40), spark plugs, air filter and a bunch of rattle and buzz mitigation (I have a Fazer so...) plus giving the wheels a good cleaning. The rear was really cruddy with an oily mess from the chain.

Umyaya

Stored the bike today.... seasonal depression and the wait begins...

nightttime

Nice garage man! Minnesota huddle... and that also happens to be the only play the vikes are good at every time! GG winter.

I took off my stock fender, and stripped it. Two hours in, the wiring job was real tucked under everything (was this how all stock was? It was so hard to get the three wires out to play with). Kinda tough to get at, but it's gonna be awesome! I will use the stock blinkers to get that over-sized look and viability. Pics to come over the weekend after I get it done. Welcome to mod season!

Last edited:

Blackfin

Installed a Puig 5572F dark-smoke windscreen. Looks great on a black Fazer.

Bought a super-basic GoPro Hero. :)

Blackfin

:shrug:

Added ProGrip red rim tape. Three out of four sides went well. The fourth had a foible but not serious enough for me to rip it off. Glad I didn't as there's definitely not 5-sides worth of tape on that little roll.

Blackfin

Received and installed my Yoshimura R77 exhaust. With several cm of snow outside all I could do was warm it up in the garage and rev it a few times but it sounded pretty sweet.

Am hoping doing an AIS hose-block in the spring will get rid of the popping in the exhaust that happens after revving it...

Last edited:

HeresMyMind

I redid my retrofitted headlight, i removed the amber angel eye and added a chrome shroud instead of blacked out. I then installed motodynamic FZ6 LED turn signals and I custom mounted them flush

-B

1412589_10153101865007110_7050233793356160366_o.jpg10999865_10153101865132110_8466296191137684041_o.jpg11080373_10153101865207110_1578156567811505882_o.jpg

Bagman

Received and installed my Yoshimura R77 exhaust. With several cm of snow outside all I could do was warm it up in the garage and rev it a few times but it sounded pretty sweet.

Am hoping doing an AIS hose-block in the spring will get rid of the popping in the exhaust that happens after revving it...

Sounds better when engine is at operating temperature and/or when it's under load (not just in neutral).

Blackfin

Sounds better when engine is at operating temperature and/or when it's under load (not just in neutral).

Yep. I've been able to burn through a few tanks of gas on the few sporadic dry days we've had this spring. I've since modified the airbox, installed a set of Akra headers a PC-V and DQS: Thing sounds awesome and runs out pretty good.

nightttime

I just bought the shorty coffmans! Does anyone know if you just do a slip on and the k&n filter (with or without the air box mod) does the bike need a pc5 or reflash for any wear and tear reason?

9 Lives

I just bought the shorty coffmans! Does anyone know if you just do a slip on and the k&n filter (with or without the air box mod) does the bike need a pc5 or reflash for any wear and tear reason?

With just the K&N filter and slip on you won't need a fueling mods. If you mod the airbox then you should adjust the fueling. The airbox inlet is a calibrated opening which will only allow a certain amount of air in so it doesn't matter what you do with the exhaust the engine will only get x amount of air. If you mod the airbox the ECU will use the 02 sensor to adjust the fuel but only in the closed loop portion of the fuel map, its the rest of the map which may be too lean.