WANT MORE HP!!!!

Blinkgold311

Guys, help me out. I want this bike to produce what I know it can in terms of HP. Currently, with an exhaust mod, PC5 and Autotune, I can crank out about 115. This is NOT ok with me and I am looking for gains in the neighborhood of about 20-30 hp. Is there anything I can do to get more HP out of this motor??? Of course I could bore it out or have someone remove the sleeves to make it an FZ1 motor, but what else? Interested to hear your opinions.

Homemade turbo/super charger? I've heard of people on other bikes fitting in one from some VW onto their bikes. Sounds like an awful lot of stress on the engine.

[]V[]addog

Buy an FZ1 and put the euro headlight on it? It would be like a FZ1.8

yeah.. if you want an extra 20-30 hp out of this bike you should have just purchased an FZ8.
this engine was tuned for mid range and all around driveablility, not peak HP.

Marthy

115 crank HP? Changing your ride for a FZ1 or similar liter bike might be a better option. Other than that the R779 conversion might be a good option for you.

Oh, and that stock headers (degut or not) that chew up a good 5 HP minimum.

From DJ's butt dyno... can't go over 50% throttle in first two gear without lifting the front wheel! Dyno run to come soon... the last place close down so he needs to find an other dyno close by.

Some pull out 112 WHP out of that set up, we tune his bike for more mid range torque this time without loosing too much top end. Seems like we succeed, just need to put that on paper now.

But without major engine work... that's has good as it might be.

Ah, just so you know... the PN# on the gasket that goes between the block and cylinder on the 08 R1, FZ1 and FZ8 have the same number... Not have been done yet but for a few $100 on fleebay you can get cylinder and piston from a R1. All depend out much you want to spend in R&D.

thach1130

If you're into the naked look, I'm pretty sure i saw a naked R1 conversion somewhere. Looks pretty awesome.

JSP

Administrator
If you're into the naked look, I'm pretty sure i saw a naked R1 conversion somewhere. Looks pretty awesome.

:nw::drooling: