vibration / shaky / clutch noise

Nemo

any1 noticed the fz8 is kind of shaky (vibrating ) near the 4-5k rpm .. i feel it between my knees on the tank it seems to be more vibrating at those rpms

also is it normal to hear the clucth? when im at the stop and i put the bike on Neutral , i can hear a good difference between when i clucth it and not...

jassilamba

I have a 2013 with 200 miles on it, and there is no vibration at those speeds.

I also don't hear anything different when I put the bike in neutral at a stop light.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
also is it normal to hear the clucth? when im at the stop and i put the bike on Neutral , i can hear a good difference between when i clucth it and not...

That's been brought up a few times, it seems to just be a yamaha thing..... My vmax has 12k on it and the clutch has always made more noise in neutral than when the clutch is pulled......

Larry P

Clutch noise is normal, it's starting to become the normal yamaha sound. Imagine a first time ducati owner hearing a dry clutch ;). IDK about the vibration, what speed/gear are you in when you hear it? My Fazer is smooth as silk just about everywhere besides <9mph

Nemo

its more about when the bike is not moving and on the neutral ... if i pull the clucth lever , its more silent... can hear only the motor . when i release it , the noise change , u can hear the clucth startiing to rotate , not a big loud sound , just easy to hear ....

4700k on it

Nemo

I have a 2013 with 200 miles on it, and there is no vibration at those speeds.

I also don't hear anything different when I put the bike in neutral at a stop light.

once the bike is not moving and on the neutral ... pull and unpull the clucth lever , and try to listen to the sound , see if its doing it

jassilamba

once the bike is not moving and on the neutral ... pull and unpull the clucth lever , and try to listen to the sound , see if its doing it
No difference in mine. It sounds the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jassilamba

No difference in mine. It sounds the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
So I take back what I said. Today I noticed a difference while at a stop sign. What I found more interesting is the fact that when I'm pulling the clutch in it makes a weird sound like lose marbles (for a split second). The clutch sound I can understand but not sure if I should be concerned about that noise as the clutch engages.

Nemo

So I take back what I said. Today I noticed a difference while at a stop sign. What I found more interesting is the fact that when I'm pulling the clutch in it makes a weird sound like lose marbles (for a split second). The clutch sound I can understand but not sure if I should be concerned about that noise as the clutch engages.

+1 .. thats exactly what i meant !

jassilamba

+1 .. thats exactly what i meant !

So I decided to go to my local Yamaha dealer and spoke to a tech. Per him, its normal. I for some reason don't buy his answer, I'm gonna stop by another dealer and see what he says. I know I'm covered for an year, but I rather make sure nothing is wrong, and not wait for anything bad to happen.

gufazi

any1 noticed the fz8 is kind of shaky (vibrating ) near the 4-5k rpm .. i feel it between my knees on the tank it seems to be more vibrating at those rpms

My stock FZ8 had more shake at those RPMs, too. The Juicebox fuel controller and a good map took care of it and it's associated flat spot in power.

pigdog

A rather earthy fellow wheeled into the shop & said "there's a strange sound coming from the clutch cover, sounds like whale song"?? After a through ride in stop & go traffic, I submitted my repair. ...removed whale from engine. No charge.

Nemo

A rather earthy fellow wheeled into the shop & said "there's a strange sound coming from the clutch cover, sounds like whale song"?? After a through ride in stop & go traffic, I submitted my repair. ...removed whale from engine. No charge.

dont understand :(

pigdog

Well there was nothing wrong with the clutch. The sound l heard was comming between the tank & cowel. We didn't charge him but I still had to account for time spent on the work order.