Turn signal mirrors...

Sinooch

Hey guys. I've owned my fz8 for about 3 months now. I have already done a fender eliminator and the motodynamic led tail light. but the most recent thing I have been wanting to do was clean up the front end of my bike just a little bit. I purchased a set of turn signal mirrors that I think will fit nicely on the front of the bike. I also want to still be able to have DRL's on the bike since the turn signals do not have that option on them. What I am going to do is put some white LED stalks of some sort up front in place of the stock turn signals. I have thought up a way to try and tuck the wires coming from the mirrors which I am hoping will work. That the biggest problem with the naked bike lol. You don't have much areas you can tuck things. I just wanted to hear your opinions on what I am doing or see if anyone else has done something similar. I am thinking its going to look really good, but I wont know until its on the bike. So yea just let me know what your opinions are on these ideas. thanks guys

Sinooch

Ok so I know I seriously procrastinated on putting these thing on but here are the pics of it on the bike. Give me your opinions on what you think about the turn signal mirrors and white LED drl's.

jassilamba

How are those turn signals?

Here is my idea for DRLs

Umyaya

kool mirrors yo

I have the smoke flush mount ones that are impossible to see in front... I honestly just hand signal if I am in a situation at an intersection that the car and I both approach it and he is turning or going straight (visa versa) My back blinkers are the ones that I feel are more important and should be noticed.

Sinooch

How are those turn signals?

Here is my idea for DRLs

that is definitely a cool set up for white drl's. I like it a lot. I just wanted to do something I haven't seen yet and figured ive never seen anyone post anything about having turn signal mirrors or white drls. usually people just put flushmounts and leave it at that. but that definitely stands out and looks really cool

Woody146

Banned
This is mine..you can ditch the factory signals and wire the strips into them so they blink..obviously you need them in amber to be legal..but as you can see..I,have a red ring of death so I don't care about legal (mine are wired as running lights..also on inside of housing so they are water proof)

Sinooch

the only problem I have with them now is the hyperflash. I bought a flasher relay from my local cyclegear and when I put it in the rear integrated worked fine but the mirrors stayed solid amber. so im thinking it was just to high of a resistance. I bought a different relay and im waiting for it to be delivered to see how that ends up working for me

Woody146

Banned
and that is for the parts and labor and everything? also who did this for you or did you do it yourself

Yes..that was parts..labor..shipping..got it done by rabbitman aka chad aka affordable hid retrofitting.

He has TONS of options..mine is close to six months old so he has even MORE options these days.

I did it because the stock bulb is crap and I couldn't see anything at night. Got this retrofit (hid is OFF in pic..waaaayy to bright) and now I can ride back country roads with zero street lights and still see excellent.

A basic retro is much cheaper..I opted for all the LEDs...I like the transformer look..also..helps with visibility...people actually move when I flash my highs while lane splitting

Affordable HID Retrofitting - Home

He is somewhat active on here still..easier to just shoot him an email or check him out on facebook

Sinooch

Yes..that was parts..labor..shipping..got it done by rabbitman aka chad aka affordable hid retrofitting.

He has TONS of options..mine is close to six months old so he has even MORE options these days.

I did it because the stock bulb is crap and I couldn't see anything at night. Got this retrofit (hid is OFF in pic..waaaayy to bright) and now I can ride back country roads with zero street lights and still see excellent.

A basic retro is much cheaper..I opted for all the LEDs...I like the transformer look..also..helps with visibility...people actually move when I flash my highs while lane splitting

He is somewhat active on here still..easier to just shoot him an email or check him out on facebook

thanks for the help. Ill probably save it for a winter project cause I like riding way too much to not be able to do it for however long

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie

Thanks for the referral. I wouldn't say that I am active, I am so busy stuff slips past me all the time. Appreciate the kind words.