To juice or not to juice.....

Mta1981

I'd like everyone's 2 cents here on your opinion of installing a pcv/two bro s2 juice box or not. I've had the fz8 for 2 weeks now and it's plenty powerful. I commute 50 miles round trip and tear it up on the weekends. I got a two bros exhaust coming next week for some sound, that ought to add a little bit of push as well? I did install a pc3 on my fz6 in the past, it did make rolling out into 1st easier, what's with that starting bog down anyway? That was the only positive I saw, the bike ate fuel after that. What do you guys think? Is it with the $, is it worth the power/fuel consumption? Also, does anyone know if smog block off plates void warranty? I already hear the popping and I imagine it's worse with aftermarket exhaust. Thanks!

alexk

Weekend Rider
Popping is definitely worse than aftermarket, but blocking the AIS could clog and melt your catalytic converter.

I'm actually interested in a Guhl's ECU flash - should work better than a juicebox or other fuel controller.

JSP

Administrator
Bock offs should cure most of popping. They would have to prove the block off plates cause whatever problem you had in order to void your warranty. I would look at a re-flash too. Heard MANY good things about them.

reALIGNed

I bought my FZ8 because that's what I wanted, and pretty much all it will ever be and I still love it after two years later. I've had many guys on there stock bikes blow me away.......so what, but if you want more power, get a different bike. Like you said, it has plenty of power just the way it is. I say put on your new exhaust and enjoy the bike instead of a reflash, overheating issues, AIS, etc.,etc. just my two cents worth.

Sledneck

im doing a re gear sprocket change before i do any tuning. all i have now is a slip on coffman. The -1/+2 should make a big difference in low end im hoping.