Ticketed or almost ticketed?

b-eock

So today I was out and saw some very attractive girls in a souped up Mustang. I had saw a cop turning on the same road as me just a bit ago and had forgotten... lol. I was stuck at a light next to them talking. Took off, shifted to second, stood on the passenger pegs and did a standing power wheelie for them (not my first or I wouldn't have taken the chance to embarrass myself :p)... Next thing I know, cop pulls up next to me at the next light and burst my bubble as soon as I heard his voice from his car... (v_v) I was respectful and promised him(whether it be true or not) that it wouldn't happen again. He let me go (whew) and then since he was in a turn only lane and wanted to go straight, switched in the intersection, therefore he broke the law also.

Do you have any of these or worse stories?

Btw, they gave me a 9.5 on my wheelie ;)

b-eock

I know I was lucky. Lol. Do you have any stories of getting off from a ticket or getting a ticket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Silverliner

Hey I got one for you. I was tailgunner for a group of riders on my cruiser bike and we were all doing roughly 70 in a 35 out through the back roads. I saw a white motorcycle getting closer and before I knew it I had a CHP moto officer riding right beside me at 75. He looked over and shook his finger at me and passed all of us. If he wanted to he could have had 15 tickets for 70 in a 35. I guess he didn't want all the paperwork.:D

Ride Safe,
Don

anelson24

sounds like you got pretty lucky! buddy of mine that rides a CBR1000rr pulled out of a restaurant and saw a car was coming faster than he thought so he got on the throttle and power wheelied a bit to avoid a wreck and sure enough a sheriff on a bike just happened to be there and pulled him over and before he could get his helmet off the cop had already dragged him to the ground. 30 days in the impound lot and $860 later to get it out hes now just waiting for the court date..i guess it depends on the cop...

b-eock

I'm trying to get my mom to come record me. Lol. She hates the idea of it. You guys will have a nice video soon!

SeñorJack

El Guapo
hahaha ya I can't imagine that going over well. "hey mom remember that thing that you hate that you tell me i am always going to die on? well I want to ride it on one wheel wanna film it?"

SeñorJack

El Guapo
oh and almost ticketed- vertical mounted plates and didnt have 9" between my signals, which i learned after a bike cop saw me wheelie. he called for backup ( it was midday so i dont know why he did that for a routine stop) and his partner arrived and promtly exclaimed, "sweet ****ing bike!". they asked me about it for like ten minutes, i showed them how i cut down my danmotogp, they were impressed. let me off, no wheelie ticket, no fixit ticket. I loooooove me some california!! haha

JSP

Administrator
I got a ticket on my R6. Not even doing anything dumb. Just going to work in the morning and I was fairly new to this area. Speed went 45-35-25. Did not realize it and I was doing 49. Tagged me in the 35 spot. Over $200 ticket. And best of all it was by a motorcycle cop! No slack either.

Only ticket on my bike.

Had a close call even though I did nothing wrong. On the R6 again... Driving home from work, a cop car pulls up behind me fairly close to me on the highway. I look at speed, spot on. So just keep pace. He lights me up. I put blinker on and even used hand signal and started to come to a stop. He pulls with me then shuts his lights off, jumps back into the road and off he went. :confused:

SeñorJack

El Guapo
He lights me up. I put blinker on and even used hand signal and started to come to a stop. He pulls with me then shuts his lights off, jumps back into the road and off he went. :confused:

to serve and protect is usually written on most cop bikes. so who do you think he was serving or protecting? seems a little disrespectful to do something like that. maybe he/she thought it was stolen and by the time ey got you over the plate came back as clear?

JSP

Administrator
to serve and protect is usually written on most cop bikes. so who do you think he was serving or protecting? seems a little disrespectful to do something like that. maybe he/she thought it was stolen and by the time ey got you over the plate came back as clear?

Yeah, not sure what it was all about... I just sat there on the side for a moment saying to myself.. WTF? :confused:

b-eock

hahaha ya I can't imagine that going over well. "hey mom remember that thing that you hate that you tell me i am always going to die on? well I want to ride it on one wheel wanna film it?"

Well she knows I wheelie. A lot... I was following my family (I'm only 17 if you didn't know) after meeting up with them and came up beside her and did one (sitting down slow one) and waved at her. She said she almost passed out and threw up at the same time. She really hates it. I know I'm no professional, but I've always just been good at things I take a swing at, and I've taken more than a swing at wheelies;) . Its like a sixth sense for me. When something goes wrong, I just take control and have the instinct of what to do. I know something can happen. I just do my absolute best to not let anything happen. I'm always scanning and watching for idiots/people not paying attention on the road.

cambo

Avid Rider
Had a close call even though I did nothing wrong. On the R6 again... Driving home from work, a cop car pulls up behind me fairly close to me on the highway. I look at speed, spot on. So just keep pace. He lights me up. I put blinker on and even used hand signal and started to come to a stop. He pulls with me then shuts his lights off, jumps back into the road and off he went. :confused:

wtf! haha, probably looking for a different dude on an R6?

b-eock

Trying to get the video tonight guys. Will upload ASAP.

Blanchy

About 6mths ago, leaving work I took off from a set of lights with a 90 deg turn into an 80kph zone. Luckily took it a bit easy on the turn the OEM rear tyre did like to slide (was fun). Anyway gunned it when straight might have touched 90 before shutting off and touching brakes. Looked in the mirrors and oops HWP car accelerating hard behind me. He followed me for a few ks onto the freeway then a few more ks down the freeway then pulled alongside I looked over and he had his finger and thumb about half an inch apart I think meaning "this close". A few more ks down the road he pulls over in a strange place so I think somethings up. Over a couple of hills and there's another HWP doing stationary radar. I think he tried to sucker me by pulling over.

b-eock

So she has the flu and I didn't get the video. I have work tomorrow after noon. But maybe I can get it Tuesday-Thursday. I wanna look into a steel sub cage (passenger pegs) so that I don't have to worry about messing up my rear sets and breaking them off. If you find anything, let me know. Thanks guys.

And sure, I'll start a how to wheelie thread as soon as I get videos done. I can't shift while in wheelies yet. So maybe someone else can chime in on that part when the other thread is created. Best of luck for anyone working on your wheelie/stoppie skills, ride safe and be careful!

Last edited:

Blanchy

So she has the flu and I didn't get the video. I have work tomorrow after noon. But maybe I can get it Tuesday-Thursday. I wanna look into a steel sub frame (tail end) so that I don't have to worry about messing up my rear sets and breaking them off. If you find anything, let me know. Thanks guys.

And sure, I'll start a how to wheelie thread as soon as I get videos done. I can't shift while in wheelies yet. So maybe someone else can chime in on that part when the other thread is created. Best of luck for anyone working on your wheelie/stoppie skills, ride safe and be careful!

You do realise that if you have to shift during a wheelie you will be going damn fast? Don't know if you have the right bike to be doing that stuff. I can do wheelies through the gears on dirt bikes but not sure that I want to try on my FZ

SeñorJack

El Guapo
You do realise that if you have to shift during a wheelie you will be going damn fast? Don't know if you have the right bike to be doing that stuff. I can do wheelies through the gears on dirt bikes but not sure that I want to try on my FZ

hahahaha no we definately have the right bike. she clutches right up in first and second. well she powers up in first when the weather is right no prob. and she clutches up in 3 to balance point buuuuuut I dont like to wheelie all fast like that.

i dont do it because I just am not there yet but as far as shifting, IMO its only helpful when you can cruise balnce point with the rear brake. as you apply the rear brake to keep you inthe balance point, you may blip the throttle and grab second, third, etc. but really? second gear wheelies are pretty comfy on this bike. comes up slow, balances nice.

And tickets, is this a ticket thread? i forget... i just want to see wheelies with both feet on the passenger pegs.