Sprocket setting reduce tooth

kuwaiyert

Hi all... Juz wana check any of u guys reduce the sprocket tooth.. Reduce front 15t n rear 44t... Any improvements or any feedback..?

For those who mod the sprocket setting.. Any significant change during high speed..?

Thanks peepz..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

JSP

Administrator
Lowering the front tooth will give you a little more acceleration. Same as raising the rear tooth. You will lose some top end speed and raise your RPM's at cruising speed. Say 70mph was at 5k, it will be now maybe 6k. Not sure what it actually is, but just an example.

Lowering both the front AND rear together will somewhat counteract itself. If you want more acceleration down low, you go - in front and + in back. Again, will suffer on the top end.

Fzcrusin8

A common gearing change is -1 in the front.. I myself once my sprockets are ready to be changed will do -1 in the front and +2 in the rear (another common upgrade). Doing that I will lose top speed but I will get 100 fast and pull like SOB. Look into doing a 520 conversion too. Let the bike accel faster do to less rotating mass and unsprung weight.

jeffcali

i guess i'm in the minority on this one.

i'm looking for more top end.

i've ordered a 43 rs.

right now my top speed is 140mph, and i'm looking to hit at least 150 with the new sprocket, exhaust and exhaust mods.

we'll find out in november!