something changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

reALIGNed

looks like the sight got an overhaul, I don't see as much abuse, foul language, etc., its like everyone is following the rules.........or am I seeing things?

C

cracker0309

I've been on here almost a year now and I've never ran into anything your mentioning.

Every person here that I've had the pleasure interacting with have always been so curtious, helpful and cool.

I'm sorry you had that kind of experience here and glad I havn't.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
I hope it's a change for the better in your mind. ;)

The staff is just being sharper and applying the Site Rules to keep this the most family-oriented, fun and inviting FZ8 forum to join. Members need to know they can come in, ask questions and get great answers without negativity and ridicule. All the sister FZ sites are run the same way. :D

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I love that this place is helpful and has creative ideas. from time to time google will send me to other riding forums. this place is a tool for better motorcycle riding. and thats whats up. dude thanks for reminding me I gotta load up my paypal and go all lifetime members on these fools...

melbfz8

There seems to be ALOT more moderation over here than the other fz sites though...
Eg swear words over here even bstard ive noticed get starred out where as over at the fz1 site theres a little more free speech?

FZ1inNH

Administrator
There seems to be ALOT more moderation over here than the other fz sites though...
Eg swear words over here even bstard ive noticed get starred out where as over at the fz1 site theres a little more free speech?

There's an additional mod installed on this site that automatically puts the stars in so we cannot say ****, ****, ***, **** . . . well, you get the idea. :D

melbfz8

why? isnt that taking away our enthusiasm?
eg; gee that pasta was so great! or gee that pasta was so ****ing great!

also seems like some double standards going on also.
Today, 04:15 PM #8 (permalink)
Jmcculler662

Bike: 2008 FZ1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbfz8
Well thats great. But thats not how much they are to buy in australia. How much is freight? Wont be cheap.

Thanx for ridiculing my post.
Wasn't trying to ridicule your post. Just pointing out to my fellow members that you were asking over retail for used parts. Don't know how it is in the fz8 forum but we try to look out for each other and our new members here. If a new member saw this post and bought these items from you and wasn't satisfied i would feel bad for not saying anything. Some people like me do the research and some don't, clearly your looking for the ones who don't. Have a good one.
08' Red FZ1 / Two Brothers M2 Carbon Slip-On / Factory Yamaha Lower Faring / PCIII / Air Box Mod / AIS Block Off Plates / K&N Air & Oil Filter / O2 Eliminator / Cat Gutted / GYTR Sprocket / Modified Flies / Yamaha Handlebar Conversion / Vstream Windscreen / D3 Grips / Adjustable Levers / Proton Flush Mounts / Euro signals in Headlights / Fender Eliminator / Fully Adjustable Lowering Link

Last edited:

melbfz8

the same reason approx 10 or so members got banned from this side for "breaking site rules" is happenning on the fz1 sister site with my very own post, which i believe is one you moderate also is it not? so why good to ban over here but not over there? or is it because it was your own post that they questioned?

dart1963

Super Moderator
It was cleaned up on the fz1 site... same rules apply... we have normal jobs as well and don't always get to them right away. Reporting posts brings them to our attention quicker so they can be dealt with.

Members were not banned for those posts... they were banned for what happened after their posts were deleted... they were banned for repeatedly breaking the site rules. They were given many warnings, but took that as a "challenge" to continue breaking the rules, instead of moving on.

JSP

Administrator
the same reason approx 10 or so members got banned from this side for "breaking site rules" is happenning on the fz1 sister site with my very own post, which i believe is one you moderate also is it not? so why good to ban over here but not over there? or is it because it was your own post that they questioned?

Why trying to stir up trouble so soon after joining? :confused: One got banned. The rest decided to follow and leave the forum. Only after the trash talking and coming back to delete posts and solicit other members to leave were THEY banned. Get your story straight. We have moved on, THEY have hopefully as well and are happy where they are. They made a choice to leave. And for the record, it was ME, MYSELF, I that deleted the first two posts that started this whole thing, not Eric. Move on, Let it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.