so... the Fz8 is discontinued after this year...

villhelmromero

should be a collector's item then a few years down the road. (no pun intended)
I'll certainly be hanging on to mine. :D
this also means we need to baby the shit outta our 8s

e11charlie

Forking figures. Yup keeping mine. I mean who the hell would want a bike with a shark face on it besides me anyway.

cambo

Avid Rider
can't even count the number of times someone has yelled at me from their car, stopped me in the parking lot, or come up to me in a store, to ask me what kind of bike this (fz8) was...

now I can't even tell them to check one out at a dealership. It'll just be, "Google it!" lol

Rotaryknight

A collector's item eh...with the amount of miles that I forsee for my FZ8, in five years, I hope its still worth something lol

b-eock

This will be my first bike that's street legal and that I paid for. I'm keeping mine. I'll always have a spot for her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Harrywz

should be a collector's item then a few years down the road. (no pun intended)
I'll certainly be hanging on to mine. :D
this also means we need to baby the shit outta our 8s

Being replaced with the FZ-09.
Out With The FZ8, In With The FZ-09 - Yamaha Street Bike First Look - Cycle News
Supposed to be out as early as October. This one is a Yamaha foray into the "triple" world. 847cc using the new "Crossplane Crankshaft Concept 3-Cylinder Engine technology" and will be 50lbs less and MSRP of $7990. Sounds like one hell of a nice bike.

Larry P

I was thinking about trading the FZ8 for something diff (I haven't been keeping anything for more than a year) but after hearing this news she's going to be mine...forever! "Ah yes son, this old Fazer 8 only lasted 3 years but as far as I'm concerned it's the rc51 of my riding career".

FZ8canuk

Ya I'm sorry to see it go that's for sure.
May start to order a few more after market parts for it maybe steel brake lines, block off plates maybe even a sad seat and suspension components.
After markets part are few for this bike and I can see them being even less in the future.

villhelmromero

Being replaced with the FZ-09.
Out With The FZ8, In With The FZ-09 - Yamaha Street Bike First Look - Cycle News
Supposed to be out as early as October. This one is a Yamaha foray into the "triple" world. 847cc using the new "Crossplane Crankshaft Concept 3-Cylinder Engine technology" and will be 50lbs less and MSRP of $7990. Sounds like one hell of a nice bike.

yeah I really want to buy the new 09 but I'm still paying on the 8. as soon as I can I am planning on buying the FZ-09 seems like an excellent predecessor.

FZ8canuk

I won't be switch to the 09 anytime soon, not enough bike to swap out the FZ8. I will wait to see what else Yamaha comes out with in the triple line up if they came out with a triple tennere or a triple sport touring bike like say the FJR set up with full fairings and hard bags then that would intrest me.

RoadKill

i love the specs of the fz-09 just not the look. maybe in 2015 it will look better.
But i plan on keeping the fz8 around for several years anyway.

Harrywz

Wounded if I could get that motor to fit in the 8

nope. It looks like a new frame to go with it. The article notes that it is an "all-new and more narrow aluminum frame". I for one am looking forward to this bike. 847cc in a triple. Will be one less cylinder and 68cc more. Triples have a real good rep and I hope Yamaha gets it right.

JSP

Administrator
I really like it myself... The only real thing that is going to throw a fork in me getting one is the size of the gas tank.. So small. We go on long all day rides and I really need 140+ of safe riding a tank. So this would have to get around 45 MPG to do this.

FastZ8

I for one will be keeping my 8...At least until they do something about the look of the FZ 09...I like the triples dont get me wrong but im not really feelin it...Looks like a supermotard crossed with a honda nighthawk...I just prefer the style of the 8 and its beefy exterior over the slim dirtbike looking chassis of the 09...I would also like to see how yamaha does as far as the triple engine and what type of gearing it will have.

cpatt

its nice.... but i think im headed in to a ninja pretty soon... or a cruser.... there gonna get me with the 0% financing pretty soon

Marthy

Wounded if I could get that motor to fit in the 8

Nothing wrong with the FZ8 engine. Lot of potential there... The FZ9 has 7 HP more... you can get that with an exhaust and PCV.

Same here JSP. The small fuel tank and budget suspension kind of turn me off about that bike. Not digging the look of the tail section either... look cheap and empty just to keep the weight down.

Can't wait to see the review and test ride. Not sure if there's enough bike to dethrone the Street Triple, probably not.