Really Cheap Insurance....

bfisch

I was quoted $1000+ a year for full coverage insurance from Progressive, Geico, State Farm and Allstate. After digging more I found a company called Rider Insurance who covered me for $233 a year. That includes $500 collision/ $500 comprehensive, road side assistance, $8000 in bike accessories, $50,000 property damage and $100,000 per accident. Only catch is they only cover riders living in Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. Just a heads up if you feel you are getting hosed.

socal

I was quoted $1000+ a year for full coverage insurance from Progressive, Geico, State Farm and Allstate. After digging more I found a company called Rider Insurance who covered me for $233 a year. That includes $500 collision/ $500 comprehensive, road side assistance, $8000 in bike accessories, $50,000 property damage and $100,000 per accident. Only catch is they only cover riders living in Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. Just a heads up if you feel you are getting hosed.

aww man that is crazy to bad im cali

bfisch

Thats funny because when she quoted me $233, my response was, You gotta be out of your gdamn mind! No way I'm paying $233 a month for motorcycle insurance!" She politely said, "No sir.. That's for the year." With foot in mouth I manged to mutter an apology and said, "Sign me up!"

FastZ8

Thats funny because when she quoted me $233, my response was, You gotta be out of your gdamn mind! No way I'm paying $233 a month for motorcycle insurance!" She politely said, "No sir.. That's for the year." With foot in mouth I manged to mutter an apology and said, "Sign me up!"

I live in West Virginia and I'm very interested in any information you have one this insurance group.

FastZ8

I did an online quote and I'm calling them tomorrow to see what kind of rate I can get...online I was quoted between 360 and 600 a year depending on what deductible and coverage I chose...I'm 22 and have no accidents or tickets and have a valid endorsement and I'm paying a lot more than that through progressive

charris247

I live in NJ (where Rider started) and I can tell you it's not fake. In fact I am fairly certain they hold most if the market in the tri state area. I switched to them from Progressive last year (paying $800+ for full coverage). Now I pay $463 a year. I could pay in the low $200's but I prefer to have too much coverage than not enough.

If you're in their coverage area I would highly recommend.

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
Full coverage with Progressive in Raleigh NC is $433

It all depends on age, tickets, wrecks, married, location, etc...

I only paid around $360 a year full coverage (minus medical) for my 09 R6 and again the same for my FZ8. Through State Farm. Now on the Bandit I only do Liability which is only about $86 a year.

I have heard great things about Riders if you are in their area.

FastZ8

I switched to Riders Insurance and mine went from 1,700 a year like 140 a month and a 500 dollar deductible to now because i got a little more coverage its 422 a year around 105 every 3 months and only a 250 dollar deductible...Awesome...Thanks for bringin that up...now I can use all the extra money on mods

thach1130

Thanks for the heads up i got a quote and my premium went from $300/year to $135/year. This is with twice the liability coverage as before.

I got a quote of $400 with full coverage, but opted not to take it. Knock on wood. I hope i won't regret it later.

Danger

I have been quoted $3600/year from GEICO. My lowest is $1200 from progressive. WTH right? I am with Progressive now, always looking for better deals though. Maybe I should register in Indiana haha.

DLSGAP

It all depends on age, tickets, wrecks, married, location, etc...

The etc being the kicker. I've had a motorcycle license since I was legally old enough to get one at 14 in Tennessee. Now I'm 33, never had an accident, never filed a claim, only tickets were long ago and outside of the time frame insurance companies check, own a home in a small quiet Texas town, married and we have 2 cars, our home and the fz with Staten farm and just the bike runs me almost 1200 a year

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do"

- www.pjsparts.com

JSP

Administrator
The etc being the kicker. I've had a motorcycle license since I was legally old enough to get one at 14 in Tennessee. Now I'm 33, never had an accident, never filed a claim, only tickets were long ago and outside of the time frame insurance companies check, own a home in a small quiet Texas town, married and we have 2 cars, our home and the fz with Staten farm and just the bike runs me almost 1200 a year

- PJ's Parts

Indeed... It's crazy how much it can vary. Im a couple years younger than you, DO have motorcycle wreck AND car wreck and motorcycle speeding ticket, married with kid as well. Crazy. 2 cars and the bike is about $90 a month all together with SF. My car and bike are liability only but wifes is full coverage.

DLSGAP

Indeed... It's crazy how much it can vary. Im a couple years younger than you, DO have motorcycle wreck AND car wreck and motorcycle speeding ticket, married with kid as well. Crazy. 2 cars and the bike is about $90 a month all together with SF. My car and bike are liability only but wifes is full coverage.

Ha.. We're paying another 280 something a month for the cars...

- www.pjsparts.com

Progressive

I'm with progressive and they've always been reasonable for me. I just turned 30 and the fz8 is my 2nd bike. First bike yzf600r had liability only for about $150/year. On my '11 fz8 i'm only paying $355/year. I had no idea insurance could be as much as some people are saying on here in the $1k range. I think if it was that much for me i would just go liability only.

Yamah

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $46.00
BI $25,000 EACH PERSON - $50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $15,000 EACH ACCIDENT
UNINSURED MOTORIST BODILY INJURY $34.00
$25,000 EACH PERSON/$50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
COMPREHENSIVE $1,000 DEDUCTIBLE $57.00
INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE
COLLISION $1,000 DEDUCTIBLE $208.00
INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE
ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000 INCL
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE $10.00