Radiator Side Guards from FZ1 Installed

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I know there were a few other FZ8 guys with this! looks a little bit out of place, but i do like it better than just the metal radiator plates.

Edit * title should be radiator side "covers".

cambo

Avid Rider
dude, your bike looks EVIL now! I think it works with the lower cowling. I'm dubbing your fz8: "Star scream".

Glovik

Hijack-------

That's the Yamaha engine guard right? Did you weld that small extra piece so it has 2 bars coming off the flat one that goes by the radiator and connects to the side? On all the pics I see on the Yammy site, it only has a single bar.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Hijack-------

That's the Yamaha engine guard right? Did you weld that small extra piece so it has 2 bars coming off the flat one that goes by the radiator and connects to the side? On all the pics I see on the Yammy site, it only has a single bar.

Yeah, very interesting! No I didn't weld. I'm wondering if it's an older model that I have?

I did get it from the amazon with the photo of the single, so maybe the ACTUAL guard is different from pictures or part number.

I'd be curious to find out!

Glovik

Yeah, very interesting! No I didn't weld. I'm wondering if it's an older model that I have?

I did get it from the amazon with the photo of the single, so maybe the ACTUAL guard is different from pictures or part number.

I'd be curious to find out!

Awesome, that's what I wanna hear!!!! I love how it looks and that little second bar looks like it will add goo supports for the bars and just extra protection! I'll be ordering one from amazon as well, hopefully this week, so I'll let you know what the verdict is on that!

As for the radiator guards, those looks awesome!

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Awesome, that's what I wanna hear!!!! I love how it looks and that little second bar looks like it will add goo supports for the bars and just extra protection! I'll be ordering one from amazon as well, hopefully this week, so I'll let you know what the verdict is on that!

As for the radiator guards, those looks awesome!

yeah! I'd be interested to find out if they updated those engine guards.

and thanks!

MikeC

Weekend Rider
curious to know if these will fit with the Fazer and how it will look. Anyone want to experiment?:D

Looks like it probably won't fit since the Fazer fairing is a significantly lower than the FZ1 fairing.

But you could always try! :)

villhelmromero

engine guard.

I got my engine guard via amazon about 3 weeks ago and it is exactly the same as in your picture. mine is a yamaha guard too

Blanchy

Great match with the jutting forward of the lower part. Thinking about doing plastidip on mine. Just my opinion but too much chrome in your headlight.

Last edited:

melbfz8

I know there were a few other FZ8 guys with this! looks a little bit out of place, but i do like it better than just the metal radiator plates.

Edit * title should be radiator side "covers".

Was Wondering If you Could try Them On Upside Down For Us perhaps?

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Was Wondering If you Could try Them On Upside Down For Us perhaps?

where did you pick those up? they look great

Hey MelB! I tried mounting them upside down and backwards. It doesn't seat correctly against the radiator when you mount them any other way than this way.

I've heard the Gen1 FZ1 guards can be inverted, but these are gen2s.

I got them from Fz1 forum, for a deal from one of the members. you can always pick them up from yamaha for something like $160.00 new.

Glovik

yeah! I'd be interested to find out if they updated those engine guards.

Just received and installed my Yamaha guard today and it did have the extra bar! I love it! They really need to update the sales photos as the one in the photos doesn't looks as beefy!

Glovik

Oops, didn't notice someone already posted they had recently ordered one and it had the bar, I jumped the gun!

[]V[]addog

Looks like it probably won't fit since the Fazer fairing is a significantly lower than the FZ1 fairing.

But you could always try! :)

From looking it may be able to go underneath the fazer fairing.

that is exactly what I want to do.
Maybe I'll be the first!