Question

Umyaya

If you total your bike and have full coverage does the insurance company let you take off and keep the aftermarket mods that you put on?

Woody146

Banned
Uh oh..that's never a good question...

Idk with other coverage plans, but with mine, I'm covered up to 3 k of mods...in my case however...that is only half of them.

If you are able to get the bike to your house, strip it of the mods, throw the oem stuff in a pile next to it and call it totaled...it may work..it may not.

Umyaya

Ya it would be a total drag to just have like a PC 5 and auto tune and speedohealer under the seat in the junkyard or like a full exhaust that didn't get wrecked or asv levers!
Uh oh..that's never a good question...

Idk with other coverage plans, but with mine, I'm covered up to 3 k of mods...in my case however...that is only half of them.

If you are able to get the bike to your house, strip it of the mods, throw the oem stuff in a pile next to it and call it totaled...it may work..it may not.

jassilamba

Not yet ! Ha just questioning for the future. Crappy rain we have today. Tomorrow is gonna be nice! May have to go to wisconi.
Phew, good. If I understand car insurance you can buy your totaled cat back. I'm would assume the same goes for bikes.

Bajaedition

you can negotiate that into your settlement, but they want all they can get and they charge a bit to let you keep stuff.
You see, they sell the bike and if the pipe and stuff is missing they are selling a parts bike missing parts, not worth as much.
Best is ti take your settlement and let them have the stuff, or find out what salvage yard got it and buy the parts from them.
Now having said that, you are allowed to get personal stuff off the bike as long as you keep the bike whole, so retrieving a power commander or something like that is possible if the guys at the salvage yard are not real attentive.