Power Commander V tuning?

Socratrees27

Hello, I'm a little new to the forum process but I've had my 2011 FZ8 since last July and absolutely love it. At first I sort of enjoyed the inconsistent power curve and sudden torque rush at mid to high RPM range but now I'm ready to fine tune. The bike was bone stock when I got it and up until this week I had only ventured into cosmetic aftermarket BS (fender eliminator, mirrors). I just finished an oil change with Yamalube SAE 10w-40 and a filter, put on a Yoshimura R-77 slip on, and installed the Power Commander V with the O2 Optimizer that came in the kit. Does anybody have a fuel map for my specific set up? I plan on putting in some NGK Iridium plugs, a K&N filter and getting it dynotuned eventually but I'm curious about the dynojet autotune and quickshifter as well. Any advice or input would be appreciated!

Umyaya

Switch your oil to mobile 1 and k and n oil filter. Get a k and n air filter and mod the airbox. Block ais. And load jumbos map unless you want to reflash. Don't get the auto tuner since i assume you are new to tuning. You would need to get the lcd screen. Unless you wanna learn to tune. Unless you race the bike then get the quick shifter. Remember anyone can go fast in a straight line. Get quick where it counts! I posted jumbos map on the forum under a thread. Search it. Good luck. Keep the rubber on the road.

Socratrees27

Sweet! Thanks for the input, I'm a diesel mechanic by trade but no tuning experience with stuff like this so I'll just find a reputable shop to get me all tuned in. Definitely going for the block off and jumbos map but the air box mod I'll leave alone for now. Is that Mobil 1 conventional?

Umyaya

Mobile 1 10w-40 racing full synthetic. Walmart or advanced auto parts sells it for way cheaper than Internet. 10 a quart.

Umyaya

You should send turbojoe your ecu to get reflashed and the. if you dyno it have them build a custom map to tweek the flash for your pc5.

Socratrees27

I assumed you could do one or the other, but I guess a tuning shop can set you up for whatever you have. I'm gonna hold off on the dynotune until I can get a header and finish the exhaust up, but I'm eager to learn as much as I can so I know which mods to start with

Umyaya

If you get it flashed you will need to unhook the pc5 or out 0 in all the table... BUT you can run both if you get a special map dynoed to tweek the flash Since it is not 100 percent perfect. It's just nice to get the restrictions removed.

spudrees

If you get it flashed you will need to unhook the pc5 or out 0 in all the table... BUT you can run both if you get a special map dynoed to tweek the flash Since it is not 100 percent perfect. It's just nice to get the restrictions removed.

When we flash ecu's we give customers the option of flashing their PCV map onto the ecu as well which eliminates the need for the PCV at all

Umyaya

This is true but since people who send ecus in are running their bikes in different environments if that person didn't get their actual bike on the dyno then it will not be 100 percent accurate. Close and that is good enough for me so I sold my PC5 after but now that I have the R1 cams I wish I would have kept my PC5 with autotune so I could tune it mhself and tweak it. Some members have had their ecu flashed with the same mods as whoever dynoed theirs but due to small difference in variables they went and got theirs dynoed and used the pc5 to clean up the flash.