Pcv map

415Fazer

Hello FZ8 forum community. First of all I'm new to posting a thread on any forum so please bear with me. I would like thank all of you sharing mod and technical ideas or issues. Been able to refer to this forum for any issue or ideas for my FZ8. Well I'm finally posting a thread cause I recently bought a PCV. I'm looking for a map for a Vance & Hines CS1 slip on with the K & N filter set up or any similar. I think like everyone here I want to maximize my V&H and K&N set up. Also need to get rid of the decel pop. Do I also need to make an ais mod and what do I do with the O2 optimizer that comes with the PCV?

master paper clip

Don't install the optimizer, and leave the o2 sensor disconnected completely... As for the decel pops, you have to block/remove the ais system

415Fazer

Hey tha wfdowns. Appreciate your response. I will look into that. I think I even say something in this forum for ais mods. I keep reading about this jumbo map or even the download from the power commander website for the 2 brothers slip on and k&n filter set up. You know where I can get the jumbo map?

malikona

Don't install the optimizer, and leave the o2 sensor disconnected completely... As for the decel pops, you have to block/remove the ais system

On what basis are you suggesting to not install the optimizer and disconnect the O2 sensor?

master paper clip

It's been found leaving the o2 sensor connected allows you stock ecu to over ride the power commander/ juice box below a certain throttle point... Via Marthy and a bunch of other mad scientist that own this bike

master paper clip

I think the 13 is with the air box mod, I'm not 100% about that, alot of members run or ran the jumbo map with just a slip on and filter and loved it

415Fazer

How's your mpg? Wasn't going to mod the airbox. Now that you said the updated jumbo map was for a airbox mod maybe I should.

malikona

I think the 13 is with the air box mod, I'm not 100% about that, alot of members run or ran the jumbo map with just a slip on and filter and loved it

Where can I get the Jumbo map? I've got the V&H CSOne and no other performance mods. I'm using the Two Brothers map that came with the PCV and its a definite improvement, but I'm sure it could be better (outside of getting a dyno tune).

Aside from increased and more linear power throughout the band, the bike has a sweet, tight, angry growl when you let off the throttle from speed. Still engine brakes like you stood on the actual brakes, but personally I like that, especially since I ride in traffic a lot. Really the only time I actually squeeze the front brake is when I REALLY need to stop quick, otherwise I just engine brake and drag on the rear brake (and come to a stop or turn with the front of course).

Anyway the PCV has been a great upgrade and I really haven't done anything with it yet. OH and I DID install the inline O2 optimizer, and I haven't noticed any issues. The PCV definitely seems to have an impact at low revs, so I don't think it's being overridden by the ECU, but I don't know that for a fact. I kinda figure I trust them to have put it in the box for a reason, especially since they didn't have to and it's an extra cost to them. I would say its an emissions thing, but the PCV says all over it it's not intended for on-street riding anyway, lol, so I doubt it's that.

And the CSOne is the bomb as well. Looks like a fine piece of dark sculpture, and sounds the part. I wish I could paint the whole bike that flat satin black. I might eventually in fact.

dustin0887

fz8 pcv map

I just bought a PCV for my fz8 I have a r77 on her can someone send me the jumbo map I keep seeing that ever where thanks it'll be much appreciate.

9 Lives

Before you decide to use the O2 Optimizer on not you should understand what it does. There is a closed loop portion of the fuel map that covers the area that you would normally be cruising, the install instructions show the the area I am talking about. In this area the ECU uses info from the 02 Sensor to keep your AF ratio at approx 14.7:1, which is about best for fuel economy but not best for performance. The O2 Optimizer richens up the mixture in the closed loop area to 13.6:1 which is about best for performance. Without the 02 connected with or without optimizer the ECU will run directly off the base map and will not make any changes. Any area outside of the closed loop area the ECU runs directly off the fuel map and does not use the 02 sensor. These are the areas that most maps make the best difference, at higher rpms and harder acceleration.

So the advantage of the 02 optimizer is it will keep this area of the map at the optimal mixture for performance automatically, it does this constantly while your riding.

If you want something other than 14.7:1 or 13.6:1 AFR then you will have to disconnect your 02 sensor but at that point your best to have your bike tuned on a dyno.

The 2013 Jumbo map was made with the 02 optimizer hooked up. The jumbo map is not for everyone, it depends on your bike and what mods you have. I would suggest you try a few of them and decide for yourself which one your bike runs best on.

Last edited:

dustin0887

Before you decide to use the O2 Optimizer on not you should understand what it does. There is a closed loop portion of the fuel map that covers the area that you would normally be cruising, the install instructions show the the area I am talking about. In this area the ECU uses info from the 02 Sensor to keep your AF ratio at approx 14.7:1, which is about best for fuel economy but not best for performance. The O2 Optimizer richens up the mixture in the closed loop area to 13.6:1 which is about best for performance. Without the 02 connected with or without optimizer the ECU will run directly off the base map and will not make any changes. Any area outside of the closed loop area the ECU runs directly off the fuel map and does not use the 02 sensor. These are the areas that most maps make the best difference, at higher rpms and harder acceleration.

So the advantage of the 02 optimizer is it will keep this area of the map at the optimal mixture for performance automatically, it does this constantly while your riding.

If you want something other than 14.7:1 or 13.6:1 AFR then you will have to disconnect your 02 sensor but at that point your best to have your bike tuned on a dyno.

The 2013 Jumbo map was made with the 02 optimizer hooked up. The jumbo map is not for everyone, it depends on your bike and what mods you have. I would suggest you try a few of them and decide for yourself which one your bike runs best on.

yes i have the 02 optimizer hooked up no other mods just the pcV and r77

WVFZ8

I just ordered the Power Commander V to go with the DanMoto JISU Exhaust with Silent Core. After reading this Iam wondering if I should leave the O2 Optimizer alone, Iam not sure but it seems I lose some torque right off the line, Ive killed it twice since installing the muffler, probley just me.

Umyaya

Meaning not run the stock o2 sensor and just get rid of it and plug the bung hole in the exhaust? I am sending my ECU in for a flash next week, So I will be selling a PC5, Auto tune, and stock headers with 18mm bung installed.

Last edited:

WVFZ8

I just ordered the Power Commander V to go with the DanMoto JISU Exhaust with Silent Core. After reading this Iam wondering if I should leave the O2 Optimizer alone, Iam not sure but it seems I lose some torque right off the line, Ive killed it twice since installing the muffler, probley just me.
Where can I find the Jumbo Map or any Maps to try, the Power Commander website only has a few to try. Id appreciate the help :)

Umyaya

Where can I find the Jumbo Map or any Maps to try, the Power Commander website only has a few to try. Id appreciate the help :)

The other forum has a place with a ton of maps just download able. It's sweet. Also the mods are cool and have maps and know their shit.