Opinions on Coffman's Exhaust

Enzod123

I don't have any flow numbers or dyno results, however my but dyno noticed a difference. I wound up buying Marthy's mid ship and keeping the R6 muffler. We will be eating ramen noodles at my house this month. Anyway, the bike coughed at first. I assume it was adjusting to all the extra air flow. After 10 seconds she smoothed right out. Took it out for a 30 mile blast on the parkway. Spooled up a little faster and the dead spot at 4500 rpm is gone. Sounds nice but not annoying. Decel pops are a given and i kinda like it, but i can see that becomming annoying after a while. I will block off that air box tube thing and see what that does.

Marthy thinks that with the sound suppressor baffle thing removed I would be wise to get a power commander, but with it installed i should be fine being that it restricts the air flow some. It's gotta flow better than the stock fart can that came on this thing. The stock outlets are pretty small. I noticed zero ill effects whilst hauling ass tonight. I don't care either way. I think it looks awesome and it seems to be working great.

I am going to do 4 sound clips. Stock headers with the r6 muffler with and without baffle installed and Marthy's mid ship headers with and without baffle installed. I will try to get it done tomorrow.

Last edited:

Enzod123

[/IMG]

leemondo

Had an Email from Pam Coffman this morning and they are releasing the new Coffmans shorty for the FZ8 within a week .... they also deliver to the uk for all you uk fz8ers! :)

FZ8Ryder

Were you ever able to get those sound clips? I am still really curious to hear how that thing sounds. Thank you!

MotoZen

Now that these are on eBay, how about those sound clips? Marthy, will you be creating a package deal with these, like you did with the custom danmotos?

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Enzod123

Sorry guys. Been working crazy overtime. I got some pics and a few sound clips. I will post them later today.

Enzod123

As promised. First, a few pics. FYI, I should have angled the muffler better to line up with the tail. My bad.

[/IMG]