opinion needed

Dom83

Hey guys, I want youropinion on that! I have the 50th anniversary 8 since last year and love it. The thing is I'm not sur anymore about the front fender and cover meter being red! I want it paint in matte black for 120$.

My girl say that I should let it red and I like it black....what do you think?

Please note that it's not my bike on picture it's from the net and I photoshoped it to give me an idea.

FastZ8

Plasti Dip it and see how you like it...I would do that myself and probably leave it that way incase you go to sell or trade in you can just pull it back off and your fender and light will be nice and clean with no chips or scratches...Then it will take you a coulple hours work and cost you about 20 bucks instead of 120

Bam Bam

The matte paints are really in right now my zx10 has a matte black tank and I love it I also love my matte black helmet.Kawi has a matte pearl white this year and its just sexy in person.I say go for it for sure

Harrywz

Hey guys, I want youropinion on that! I have the 50th anniversary 8 since last year and love it. The thing is I'm not sur anymore about the front fender and cover meter being red! I want it paint in matte black for 120$.

Please note that it's not my bike on picture it's from the net and I photoshoped it to give me an idea.

Bikes are forever, GF's come and go. Black....

compensation

I went to eBay for carbon fiber 3m tape to wrap my forks. With a heat gun you could make the plastic look great with tape. Never used plastic dip, I wanna try it though.

Bam Bam

I went to eBay for carbon fiber 3m tape to wrap my forks. With a heat gun you could make the plastic look great with tape. Never used plastic dip, I wanna try it though.

From past experience the carbon fiber tape is more of a foil it does not conform for shit just creases

Blanchy

Only my opinion but I would go with plastidip on the guard (paint gets chipped anyway) but leave the meter cover red.

n8kdfz8

leave it RED!!!! it makes it the 50 anniversary fz8! or maybe add some paint it white with fat red line going down middle or something.

Dom83

Plasti Dip it and see how you like it...I would do that myself and probably leave it that way incase you go to sell or trade in you can just pull it back off and your fender and light will be nice and clean with no chips or scratches...Then it will take you a coulple hours work and cost you about 20 bucks instead of 120

With the spray can or in a bottle? You can remove it after, buthow is the look of it?

I went totaly the other way

nice bike canuck, but I don't have that kind of money to throw in fairing and paint jobs

Dom83

leave it RED!!!! it makes it the 50 anniversary fz8! or maybe add some paint it white with fat red line going down middle or something.

Yeah I tought of that one too! BUt there's a big difference in price for painting it matte black or pearlwhite with red...

I will do that with my seat cowl though...it's really stupid that yamaha only get it in black when I bought the bike white/red...!!!

It's pretty ugly having a white and red bike with metallic black seat cowl...so I'll get it paint whitewith redstripe in middle

FZ8canuk

With the spray can or in a bottle? You can remove it after, buthow is the look of it?

nice bike canuck, but I don't have that kind of money to throw in fairing and paint jobs

Thx I was looking to change out the rear hugger but then saw theses on the JMV site and thought What the F#@k. I think it turned out ok, one of a kind for sure but probably not the cheapest mod to date. I think I will be doing the break lines next or maybe front suspension.
IMO I would leave your front fender red and color match the rear, keep the 50th paint scheme

Last edited: