OEM Handle Bars

alexk

Weekend Rider
Thanks, all!

Ordered fresh bars from the local dealer, who price matched the website. Should arrive in a week.

In the meantime, not riding - it feels so alien to have one hand a half inch or so closer than the other.

alexk

Weekend Rider
Note to self: when comparing old and new bars, look down on them - don't put them next to eachother. Parallax is a bitch.

I couldn't seem to get the rubber bushing for the bar ends out of the old bar without destroying the rubber, so I ordered new ones from the dealer, who price matched the best I found online:

Holder, Damper 4JH-23434-00-00 $11.99 each + shipping

Got it mostly buttoned up... used too much lube trying to put the left grip back on, so it's degreased and waiting. Wonder if I'll get to ride tomorrow. =)

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
damn, wish I saw this earlier, I've got a freaking box of 8 parts laying around, including the handlebar.

and no, inverted doesn't work...zero turn radius, worse than clip ons lol.

DanS

Commuter
Note to self: when comparing old and new bars, look down on them - don't put them next to eachother. Parallax is a bitch.

I couldn't seem to get the rubber bushing for the bar ends out of the old bar without destroying the rubber, so I ordered new ones from the dealer, who price matched the best I found online:

Holder, Damper 4JH-23434-00-00 $11.99 each + shipping

Got it mostly buttoned up... used too much lube trying to put the left grip back on, so it's degreased and waiting. Wonder if I'll get to ride tomorrow. =)
What kind of lube did you use Alex? I use grip glue.

DanS

Commuter
negative, but DanS will soon! :) These are gone, but they're pretty cheap online anyways.
Working on it. Tried to fit em yesterday, I think I can make it work with 1" risers. While the stock bars were off I plasti-dipped them black and installed the 1/6th turn throttle tube :D

alexk

Weekend Rider
I used a touch of silicone spray given how hard it was to remove the handles.

Big mistake. Don't do that. =p

OK, so I've bought myself some grip glue, but I was thinking... now might be a good time to install chunkier grips. Anyone have any they love? Big hands, so an extra 1/4" diameter in the outer grip would be awesome...

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I used a touch of silicone spray given how hard it was to remove the handles.

Big mistake. Don't do that. =p

OK, so I've bought myself some grip glue, but I was thinking... now might be a good time to install chunkier grips. Anyone have any they love? Big hands, so an extra 1/4" diameter in the outer grip would be awesome...

You can use hairspray.... Wet, then very sticky.