New plate

thach1130

My personalized plate came. Since we're limited to 6 characters i can only spell FZ8 ROK. Problem being another interpretation is FZ8 R OK. R6 throttle tube installed. Can't wait to get some ride time.

Suave96

My personalized plate came. Since we're limited to 6 characters i can only spell FZ8 ROK. Problem being another interpretation is FZ8 R OK. R6 throttle tube installed. Can't wait to get some ride time.

Nice tag! Was it easy installing the tube?

thach1130

Nice tag! Was it easy installing the tube?

Yeah, you take off the allen bolt holding the bar end weight. Take off 2 allen bolt holding the enclosure that hold the throttle tube and cable in place on the handle bar. The cables comes off by sliding through the hole in the tube. The whole tube comes off and on goes the new tube. Be sure to lube the new tube. Do the reverse of above and you're done. Adjust cable slack afterward.

Only pain in the ass part was, if you want to keep the grip the same on both side you need to slide the grip off the old tube and swap with the new. took it off with a chopstick and some water. I slide the chop stick in rotate the chop stick and the chopstick will work its way around the tube separating it from the tube while doing that drip water in between the gap between the tube and grip created by the chopstick. once there's plenty of water in there. Grab a towel to grab the plastic end of the tube and grab the grip with the other hand, a good pull and they'll come right out.

Woody146

Banned
Yeah, you take off the allen bolt holding the bar end weight. Take off 2 allen bolt holding the enclosure that hold the throttle tube and cable in place on the handle bar. The cables comes off by sliding through the hole in the tube. The whole tube comes off and on goes the new tube. Be sure to lube the new tube. Do the reverse of above and you're done. Adjust cable slack afterward.

Only pain in the ass part was, if you want to keep the grip the same on both side you need to slide the grip off the old tube and swap with the new. took it off with a chopstick and some water. I slide the chop stick in rotate the chop stick and the chopstick will work its way around the tube separating it from the tube while doing that drip water in between the gap between the tube and grip created by the chopstick. once there's plenty of water in there. Grab a towel to grab the plastic end of the tube and grab the grip with the other hand, a good pull and they'll come right out.

If you have an air compressor...put tip between inside of grip and throttle housing..this will break the glue and you can pull it off..have compressor on while pulling and makes it effortless...when installing new grip..use painters tape to tape off end of bar and throttle..then when it's dry..peel it off...and you have a cleanly installed old grip....you have to cut the one off r6 tube..tried compressor trick..factory glue too strong

lepontois2

I was going to get custom plates here in OH. They wanted $195 and I said no way. Would rather buy some mods for that price. My idea is FZL8R ;)

thach1130

Really? It's a 1 time fee of $10 here in VA for the special background plate and 10 dollars for personalized characters. Then it is 10 renewel fee annually.

lepontois2

That must be nice. Funny since I saw this thread I went to our website. Since I renewed my registration early I guess it'll only cost $65. Really tempting now. What do you think of "FZL8R'?